1.    #1  
    I have noticed that if you get into WebOSQI that you have the ability to install (pretty much) that same patches from there that you can install from Preware.

But unlike patches from Preware, they don't show up in the "Installed Packages" area in Preware, which then basically makes you have to do patch removal through two different apps.

If they are basically the exact same patches....why doesn't Preware notice a WebOSQI'd patch?

Interesting Note: WebOSQI will see a lot of the patches installed from Preware. Odd.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    I have noticed that if you get into WebOSQI that you have the ability to install (pretty much) that same patches from there that you can install from Preware.

But unlike patches from Preware, they don't show up in the "Installed Packages" area in Preware, which then basically makes you have to do patch removal through two different apps.

If they are basically the exact same patches....why doesn't Preware notice a WebOSQI'd patch?

Interesting Note: WebOSQI will see a lot of the patches installed from Preware. Odd.
    Make sure you're running WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Use the newest version of WebOS QI (3.01) as rwhit said above.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    I am.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue. I installed the iPhone spoof from WOQI and Preware doesn't see it at all.
    preware does not have the iphone spoof patch... it does not have the square screen patch neither.. but it does have the majority. its only a couple that r not in preware
    tweaks like iphone spoof, squarify screen, changing boot logo, etc. are in fact not patches, thus do not use the webos-internals patching standard. and are not even packages. They are to to enabled/disabled in the Tweaks section.

That said, all patches in the tweaks section, will in fact appear in preware. They're downloaded and installed straight from the webos-internals servers.

And if you're referring to .patch files installed via WOSQI, those too will appear in Preware like any other patch package
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #8  
    Ok one last thing...

...I want to Doctor my phone to factory defaults because I'm experiencing some MAJOR lags every now and then. How can I do this and insure that ALL OF MY PATCHES (Preware/WebOSQI....NOT App Store) will return?

I've heard many people say you can do this by using one of the "Emergency * *" scripts in Preware...but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll do it directly after I Doctor and I'll get a "Cannot find blah blah blah message."

And when I Doctor...how can I be certain it'll doctor me to 1.3.5.1 and NOT 1.2.1?!
    i just had to doctor and it took me to 1.3.1 so now i gotta update the phone (which takes foreverrrr), but oh well. i've heard the same about one of those emergency patch recovery or something like that but havent tried it