1.    #1  
    I have had my Pre + for a few weeks. Started out nice and tight. But it has loosened. I'm not all phsycho about it, but if it's possible to get a replacement that won't loosen, I would do it. If it's just the way the design is, then I can live with it. I'd like to hear from long time Pre owners. Is it worth taking back?
    nope I think every single one of them eventually become loose
    I still got my launch day Pre since June and no loose for me. Well how loose do you need it wobbles a little but not to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I still got my launch day Pre since June and no loose for me. Well how loose do you need it wobbles a little but not to the max.
    same here, just i got mine in august.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    same here, just i got mine in august.
    interesting, since in the other thread you said that you had no problems whatsoever. hmmmm................?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    interesting, since in the other thread you said that you had no problems whatsoever. hmmmm................?
    all sliders have a little play, this is normal and not a problem.
    Slider is just as firm as when I got it (late Nov). I'm pretty careful opening/closing it though.
    I think a tiny bit of "wobble" is normal ... needs to be a bit of play for the slider to work well. But I've had mine since August and it seems to be pretty much the same as when I got it.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    What's a "tiny" bit (or "little" bit or "some")? All sliders have wobble.

You cannot quantify this on a forum. Also, all sliders will loosen with time; so long as they don't separate and don't drop pieces of the phone through the gap then what's the problem?
    my first Pre didn't wobble at all, had to get it replaced and this one wobbles.
    Everybody's tolerance level for wobbling is different.
    It's a slider, get it? It has to have some play or it won't slide. All three of our launch day Pre's are fine.
    I too have had mine since June and I have very little wobble. It definitely is not as tight as when new...but I actually prefer it now as it is much easier to open one handed. I have no oreo effect, and very little play.

And to clarify, I have one of the original build models (without the little internal 'pad' to help hold the battery).

Only recurring issue is my phone continues to get stuck in headset mode from time to time.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Mine's pretty tight.
    mine (december) is a bit loose, but i had a htc touch dual, with slider that became as loose as my pre in few months and up to two years later, the looseness was exactly the same!

don't worry, if it is a bit loose, is not a problem
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Mine's pretty tight.
    That's what sh........oh, family show. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    That's what sh........oh, family show. Sorry
    Heh heh
    If I didn't know what this was all about, this thread would sound really dirty.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbisa View Post
    .... don't worry, if it is a bit loose, is not a problem
    heh heh heh ....