Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As much as i love the webOS and all the power this phone has, its build is terrible.

*The slider screen sliders all over and clicks when closed and using to talk.

*The battery drains at a rate where i have to charge midday just to get home.

*It is taking far to long to get Apps that are worth a crap.

*The keyboard goes non responsive at times.

*Sliding the phone shuts it off.

etc. it sucks because i really like the OS and the way it runs, but its built like crap.

Anyone else feeling this way.
    Nope, have two launch day Pre's with none of those issues! Guess I got lucky with Pre's built on a Wednesday!
    enjoy your new "phone"...
    bye!
    Mine has been solid since I got it. No oreo, no clicking, slides perfectly, and I can't remember the last time I got under 30% battery in a normal day. Love it.

Enjoy your new phone.
    As of now it's hard to beat the Pre's compact size, web browsing & multi tasking. I've been happy since last June and will probably be really happy after this months 1.4 update.
    launch day pre here, not having any of those issues very satisfied with my pre so far. just waiting for 1.4 and maybe a new pre 2 with omap 4 later this year.
    still on first pre, I love my phone.
    don't let the door hit ya
  9.    #9  
    you all are so bitter, lmao. i will most likely get a replacement. but man someone says something against your precious non living piece of plastic and you all get nasty. i guess all those threads about problems are just my imagination. some community this turns out to be, pathetic,
    mine has a bit oreo, but no keyboard problem, my battery has been fine (8-20hrs depends on AIM is open or not, and if i had intense web sessions) since i lowered the frequency of email checking to 6hrs.

Im happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    you all are so bitter, lmao. i will most likely get a replacement. but man someone says something against your precious non living piece of plastic and you all get nasty. i guess all those threads about problems are just my imagination. some community this turns out to be, pathetic,
    really we're being nasty? Where other than "Dont' Let the door hit ya," is anyone being nasty we're all just saying our phones are fine, so before you flame the community think before you post...

Oh and I've had my Pre since August and is perfect, no problems what so ever.
    Hw is not robust and lacks lots of quality. I still love my Pre though and as I know that it's a first gen device so I knew what to expect. It's not for everyone. Good luck with your new phone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    legitimate posts get legitimate replies, it's that simple. There are some hardware issues with the Pre but no more than any other phone on the market. Check out their forums if you don't believe me. Fairwell posts get no sympathy, I recently switched my toothpaste but you don't see me on Sensodine's forum (if there even is one) telling everyone how I now use Colgate and why.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    legitimate posts get legitimate replies, it's that simple. There are some hardware issues with the Pre but no more than any other phone on the market. Check out their forums if you don't believe me. Fairwell posts get no sympathy, I recently switched my toothpaste but you don't see me on Sensodine's forum (if there even is one) telling everyone how I now use Colgate and why.
    ummm....I dunno what you are looking for in the way of apps, but the simple fact is they are growing at a pretty decent rate for a platform not even a year old. I tried a Hero, and got bored of the apps REAL quick, my ipod touch has way too many of the SAME app in the app store, and most of them are way overpriced.

The simple truth is no one can tell you what choice to make or what phone you should go with, but a lot of people here are sick and tired of hearing nothing but over exaggerated claims of failure and overstated "facts" about why another phone is better...

I guess what I am trying to say is, good bye, good luck, have fun. But don't expect people here to get all sentimental and mushy about it.

Cheers!
    Robert
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hey, guess what? I brushed my teeth this morning! And I got dressed! Oh, you don't want to hear about what I did today? Well that's how I feel about posts like this. What do I care of you're taking your phone back? Wht do I care if you like the hardware, software, company, advertizing, today's weather, your wife's cooking or anything else?

Do us all a favor and keep your whining to yourself.
    Anyone else feeling this way.
    If you had been looking for advice, the comments would have been different. Your last sentence was provocative, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Hey, guess what? I brushed my teeth this morning! And I got dressed! Oh, you don't want to hear about what I did today? Well that's how I feel about posts like this. What do I care of you're taking your phone back? Wht do I care if you like the hardware, software, company, advertizing, today's weather, your wife's cooking or anything else?

Do us all a favor and keep your whining to yourself.
    you pretty much just summed why I can't stand Twitter lol
  19.    #20  
    great community!! this epic butthurt from you guys is classic and worthy of FML entry. lmao!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast