Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bye!
    Still on my 1st Pre I got in Sept., WebOS is the real deal and inspite of all the bickering I hear from many about the build of the phone, I love the design with the slider. Yes, the build will/should get better and as we see everything else is improving.

My phone looks like it has done 2 tours in Iraq after dropping it at least 7 times getting out the car (so nice and compact, I forget its there, get out and boom...its smashing concrete). I think you should take it back to store or call Palm for an exchange.
    ok, I'm calling this one... Troll.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Typical of a troll who has only posted 17 times. Usually it's just 1 saying "I hate this phone".

If you're not looking for help/support then goodbye, simple as that.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJ View Post
    Anyone else feeling this way.
    Of course others feel this way, have you not noticed the many other redundant good bye threads on this board?

I love the phone. The build isn't great... SO WHAT! If it breaks I get another one free. The battery runs out quickly... SO WHAT... Carry the cord with you.. hook it up to a computer, or a wall... or even better buy a larger battery. The phone does a ton, of course the battery is going to drain fast. So what, the slider gets a bit loose... ALL SLIDERS GET LOOSE. It clicks when you type? SO WHAT? Are you living in a monastery with a vow of silence that will get you banned if you click?

In the end, the question every webOS user needs to ask themselves before they leave is... Would you really want to go back to using a cell phone the way you used to before the pre?

My answer is a resounding HE11 NO!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ok, so go and get your new phone and go the appropriate forum and complain about the Pre there. I'm sure you'll get the responses you're looking for there, but be sure not to complain about the shortcomings of your new phone on that forum, cause you again will not be happy with the responses you get. Have fun and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    mine has a bit oreo, but no keyboard problem, my battery has been fine (8-20hrs depends on AIM is open or not, and if i had intense web sessions) since i lowered the frequency of email checking to 6hrs.
    You check email once every six hours? Here it's at least every 15 minutes, no more than 30 ever. Impossible to function during a business day otherwise.
    *The battery drains at a rate where i have to charge midday just to get home.
    I got my pre at launch day over at Verizon, left sprint where I had a 755p. I have been a long time palm user since the 90's and figured I'll ride the bus till the last stop. However the battery is pathetic on the the pre I'm charaged up at 7:00AM and by 11:00AM its dead right in the middle of a work day. I can see how this can be a deal breaker. I'll probably spend 129 bucks on a 3600 ma battery but its a serious issue for sure.

*It is taking far to long to get Apps that are worth a crap.
    Docs to go is coming to sync with office so im fine with the classic + docs 11 right now. Hoping for pocket quicken and pocket tunes. Palm has always been about productivity and if you want to get stuff done palm has been outstanding in that area. WebOS has been a little soft on nuts and bolts apps trying to get the trendy crowd and the game playing kids, so I chalk that up to not been a market for techies and having to reach out to Joe the plumber and family to drive the business.

I haven't had any hw issues so can't comment on those. I would like to see a sd slot and a push to talk button on the phone. When it rings and is locked pushing that little circle up is very inconvenient. Overall I think its still the best choice, but the battery issue really really needs to be addressed. If you have to carry a cord with you it defeats the purpose of a cell phone imho.

EDIT:
    PS, what the heck is an oreo?
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp1 View Post
    I got my pre at launch day over at Verizon, left sprint where I had a 755p. I have been a long time palm user since the 90's and figured I'll ride the bus till the last stop. However the battery is pathetic on the the pre I'm charaged up at 7:00AM and by 11:00AM its dead right in the middle of a work day. I can see how this can be a deal breaker. I'll probably spend 129 bucks on a 3600 ma battery but its a serious issue for sure.

It really isn't that the battery sucks, it's actually the same battery as previous palms (Specifically the Centro) but it does a lot more with the same amount of juice. Higher energy cost + same old battery technology = quicker drain. People should just be thankful we have the option to change the battery when it gets low instead of having to rely on being close to a charger or some silly device that adds 2 inches to the bottom of my phone to get 2/3 the power of the standard battery (I'm looking at you iphone).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12