1.    #1  
    I am in India with Airtel GSM

I got my Rebel SIM today.
    I dont have my O2 Palm Pre yet (Have to wait till month end)

I connected the Rebel SIM to my existing phone.
    Once connected it shows that I am on Roaming.

Has anyone in India tried an O2 Locked phone with Rebel SIM ?
    Not sure if it applies, but I know for one thing for Fido in Canada, this is expected. Even unlocked Rogers phones with a Fido SIM card, it's always in roaming. It's the network configuration, not the card or the phone.

I know my E51 on Fido is always on roaming.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    In Roaming the rates are higher.
    So is it just that the network thinks one is in Roaming or is it Actually in Roaming ?
    I can confirm my TELCEL GSM Palm Pre is always in Roaming mode with RebelSIM in Canada on the Fido network...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    I can confirm my TELCEL GSM Palm Pre is always in Roaming mode with RebelSIM in Canada on the Fido network...
    There are separate Tariff Plans for Local and Roaming here in India..
    Is it the same there.

And are u getting charged on Roaming tariff ?
    No it shows Roaming on the phone but is actually not roaming so hence I am paying my local market tariff
    I'm moving to Republic of Moldova for a period... I already tested the Pre in MD but with both provider (Orange MD and Moldcell) I can only make phone calls. No activation (I activated here in Italy with Wind), cannot send SMS (but I can receive) and no 3G, no data connection, no internet...

Does anybody know if using a TURBOSIM or a REBEL SIM I can obtain all these services for the PRE? Anyone else using a Rebel or Turbo in an unlocked O2 German PRE in a country where the Pre is not supported?

btw, using my SIM from Italy (with WIND) in roaming works perfectly! This means that both operators support all these service

PS: sorry for the double post... I already wrote on the Turbo Sim post... but I really need this info
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano69 View Post
    I'm moving to Republic of Moldova for a period... I already tested the Pre in MD but with both provider (Orange MD and Moldcell) I can only make phone calls. No activation (I activated here in Italy with Wind), cannot send SMS (but I can receive) and no 3G, no data connection, no internet...

Does anybody know if using a TURBOSIM or a REBEL SIM I can obtain all these services for the PRE? Anyone else using a Rebel or Turbo in an unlocked O2 German PRE in a country where the Pre is not supported?

btw, using my SIM from Italy (with WIND) in roaming works perfectly! This means that both operators support all these service

PS: sorry for the double post... I already wrote on the Turbo Sim post... but I really need this info
    If you already can make calls, that means your phone isn't locked. So unlocking SIM is irrelevant. What you probably need is modify the carrier settings DB to set data up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Yes, I bought an unlocked Pre from Germany...
    On the site of the RebelSim they affirm that this product can not only remove the lock from every Pre but also can make a Pre totally compatible with every provider in the world... It seems they affirm that using the RebelSim is it possbile to use all the service from the provider...
    On the site of the RebelSim they affirm that this product can not only remove the lock from every Pre but also can make a Pre totally compatible with every provider in the world... It seems they affirm that using the RebelSim is it possbile to use all the service from the provider...
    That's if your phone is locked.

They are not telling the truth!

Several members at PreCentral have spent the past two months trying to get a RebelSIM II card to unlock a Telcel Palm Pre GSM for use on AT&T's 3G network. We even sent Solutions Point Limited (RebelSIM) a locked Telcel Palm Pre with a Telcel SIM card already activated and fully functional for data, SMS and voice, aloing with an AT&T 3G 128K SIM card that has been working just fine in it's original AT&T device.

They had the Telcel GSM Palm Pre, Telcel SIM, and AT&T SIM for about a week, then sent all of it back to us not working on AT&T's network with the explanation "The Telcel Pre is the same hardware as the UK O2 Pre" and the problem seems to be with newer 128K SIM cards.

Rebel SIM's claims that their "product can not only remove the lock from every Pre but also can make a Pre totally compatible with every provider in the world." are false. Their product cannot provide an unlock solution for the Telcel Palm Pre on AT&T's network.

In an email to me from Solutions Point Limited dated January 11th, 2010 Adan Amin wrote: "hi, you will be the first to know when we know, but right now it does not appear this Pre can be unlocked."

And finally, Rebel SIM's excuse for not being able to unlock my Telcel Palm Pre:
    To: Barry Solomon
    Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010 04:01 am
    Subject: Re: My Telcel Mexico Palm Pre

due to heavy now adnan has not been in all of this week

yes the delivery is booked in for collection and we hope to send back tomorrow as we though we would look at it again

at this stage till the full report is not finshed we cant say anything

also if we need to keep the telcel and at and t sim is that ok as we then we can have better chance to support them ?

thanks for your offer

for now now payment is needed

also we tested all uk sims work fine on the plam pre

it seems just be 128k simcards and others we have work fine

it could be these a very new simcards and would need further study
    Solutions Point Limited
    Evans Business Centre
    Unit 11, Dane St
    Rochdale
    Lancashire
    OL12 6XB
    United Kingdom.

Tel 0844 484 4331
    Tel Int 00 44 170 650 8124

email sales@solutions-point.co.uk
    Web Welcome to Solutions Point Limited Home page Welcome to Solutions Point Limited
    email sales@rebelsimcard.com
    Web Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty

Copyright © 2008 RebelSimcard.com. All rights reserved.

Rebel SimCard is a Trademark Owned By Solutions Point Limited Co Registration: 5459129 VAT: 946 1688 86

Precentral Members: Take Note:
    We've since tested the RebelSIM card and AT&T 64K SIM's in the Telcel GSM Palm Pre - Same results as with the AT&T 128K SIM's - "Enter Network Subsidy Unlock code" screen comes up and only SOS voice calls are permitted.

Interpret the above information for whatever it is worth to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you already can make calls, that means your phone isn't locked. So unlocking SIM is irrelevant. What you probably need is modify the carrier settings DB to set data up.
    So using a RebelSim or TurboSIM on the German O2 Pre dosnt' resolve the problem that the phone does not recgnize all the service from the provider... It seems the only solution is to modify the database...
    But to do this I need in some way to enter in the OS of the Palm and I do not really really want to mess up with my PRE.... Hope Palm will update this database soon.. In the meantime I will use my good old Treo680 when I'm outside Italy...
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I am in India with Airtel GSM

I got my Rebel SIM today.
    I dont have my O2 Palm Pre yet (Have to wait till month end)

I connected the Rebel SIM to my existing phone.
    Once connected it shows that I am on Roaming.

Has anyone in India tried an O2 Locked phone with Rebel SIM ?

hi

when rebel sim is programmed with v1 firmware its said to be in a default universal mode and if you check the rebel sim menu in the phone none of the 12 modes are selected.

if you are using this mode you will get roaming as the network code mncmccn sent to the phone is 00101 which is a default code used and fools the phone to work in roaming mode only

if you use mode 1 of the rebel sim then this mode sends the phone the orignal network code of the network simcard to the phone and not 00101

in this mode you get full 3g and data and not in romaing mode.

you find the menu in the rebel sim in another phone and then set to mode 1 for best operation
    Hi zeushunt. I'm on Airtel too. My phone (with rebel) went into roaming after updating to 1.4 and now is in SOS only mode.

I suggest you don't play around with any settings of the phone or you'll end up like me