Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i have a blackberry storm 2 and i have a upgrade available and im really down to 2 phones a tour 2 (when it comes out i can wait) and the pre plus. i would like to know from all pre plus owners wat are some great things that it can do that blackberrys cant? i hear that it makes calls when its in ur pocket and that it freezes alot please i really want some help.
    I haven't had a BB so I can't compare, but I have never had my Pre make any calls on it's own.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The only thing that I miss about my blackberry is not being able to copy / paste things from a website. I do NOT miss the friggin memory leaks.

Also about pocket dialing, not true. Just double click the power button and it locks.
    For one thing, the web browser on the Pre is light years ahead of the Blackberry network. Being an ex-Storm user there are pros and cons to the switch. The Pre's UI is so much easier to use, you will definitely notice a difference on how much easier it is to access apps. The Storm II has a bigger screen and much better sound system, the Pre only has one tiny speaker and a smaller screen, but I use BT headphones and when in my car I have it connected to my car's stereo. You can sync with itunes with the Storm with their media center, with the Pre you have to use an older version of itunes or switch to a different software. A plus for the Storm is the flexibility of assigning sounds and alerts, the Pre is limited, but with patches you can improve that. The MAIN reason I prefer the Pre over the Storm is mutitasking. You can have Pandora playing, using the Sprint Nav and texting and other things going all at once. When I had my Storm if I had Pandora playing and tried to use the Nav app, every time the Nav would come in (which was alot) my music would stop and I would have to physically restart the my music. Battery life was better with my Storm, but with some Preware tweaks and a Mugen 1400 battery (fits in the original battery door) battery life for me is no longer an issue. If you decide to get a Pre, I highly recommend getting a touchstone charger, best idea to come along for smartphones in years. I have one at home and one in my car, the only time I plug my phone in is to update it for Preware.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcroft View Post
    The only thing that I miss about my blackberry is not being able to copy / paste things from a website. I do NOT miss the friggin memory leaks.

Also about pocket dialing, not true. Just double click the power button and it locks.
    the copy paste function is complicated enough, and used rarely... I think you can do it, but I don't recall mostly how... some kind of gesture area + sym button.

As far as pocket dialing. Never. My ear has tapped the wifi option area.