1.    #1  
    Palm Pre -

When I click on the Launcher, I only see white transparent screen. I cannot access anything else. I cannot drag it across right to left. It happened to me twice already...in a day today. For the first time today.

I have 1.3.5.1.

I had to reboot the phone via the power button to get it working again.

I was able to access email and web browser and the phone ---essentially everything in the quick launch menu. However, the launcher wouldn't work...

Is this a known issue? Please provide any inputs if you have....

Thanks
    I've never heard of this, so I can't be too much help, I would like to see how this is resolved though
    I had the same problem last weekend. It was pretty bad, to the point that even searching for palm installed apps came up empty! I rebooted it once, still no luck, I turned it off completely and turned it back on, still no luck. I started chatting with Palm and while doing that, restarted the phone one more time, and after that the Launcher was the way it's supposed to be and the phone was fully functional again. It hasn't done it since.

So, I didn't solve a problem by doing anything in particular, I just kept restarting the phone.

Hopefully that won't happen again.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I had the same problem last weekend. It was pretty bad, to the point that even searching for palm installed apps came up empty! I rebooted it once, still no luck, I turned it off completely and turned it back on, still no luck. I started chatting with Palm and while doing that, restarted the phone one more time, and after that the Launcher was the way it's supposed to be and the phone was fully functional again. It hasn't done it since.

So, I didn't solve a problem by doing anything in particular, I just kept restarting the phone.

Hopefully that won't happen again.
    did palm confirm whether it was a known problem or not? Or they didn't the problem?. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    Any more info on this? I am sure I am not the only few that have had this problem. Please provide your input. Thanks.
    this happened to me yesterday
    I had to take it to the sprint store and have them run webos docter.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by saed22 View Post
    this happened to me yesterday
    I had to take it to the sprint store and have them run webos docter.
    What did they find?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    It happened to me twice already...in a day today. For the first time today.
    what?!

I'd say its time to visit the doctor...

Do you have any patches/themes installed on your phone?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    what?!

I'd say its time to visit the doctor...

Do you have any patches/themes installed on your phone?
    No patches at all. Not sure if it related to new apps that i may have installed...
    what about themes?
    I was having the issue but after pulling the battery and restarting, the icons came back. I had switched themes before the restart that had the launcher come up empty, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.