1.    #1  
    what itunes version is compatible with syncing music with the pre and where can i find this older version at? do i need to delete my newer version of itunes and install the older one?
    The newest version that Palm supports is 9.0.1.

You can find older versions on sites such as Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com

You will need to delete any newer version you have before hand.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    i tried looking for an older version but the only probirer of itunes is apple, if u can find it else wheee let us know.
    Time to upgrade from iTunes my friend....
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    i tried looking for an older version but the only probirer of itunes is apple, if u can find it else wheee let us know.
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what?
    wow.. glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand what the heck that meant.

Also... ditch iTunes and use either MediaMonkey, or Songbird. Both are better than iTunes!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/10/2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Also... ditch iTunes and use either MediaMonkey, or Songbird. Both are better than iTunes!
    after about 12 re-reads, i get what he's asking, but it doesnt make any sense that he's asking what he's asking since what he's asking for was provided directly above his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    after about 12 re-reads, i get what he's asking, but it doesnt make any sense that he's asking what he's asking since what he's asking for was provided directly above his post.
    yes, I thought he was asking what he was asking about what was asked before and it didn't make sense that he was asking what he was asking what he was asking what he was asking what he was asking what he was asking...
    haha, even our two posts made more sense than his.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

How good are either of these programs at syncing? I tried switching over to Double Twist only to find it extremely cumbersome. My songs sync so terribly slowly and I'm completely unable to load my movies (DVDs I ripped on my own) on to my Pre. I've only been able to use iTunes so far to load music and movies. I would like to ditch Double Twist, but I'd like to know how efficient either MediaMonkey, or Songbird are.
  11.    #11  
    well im used to itunes already, gave double twist a shot and hated it. also tried another program made for the pre and pixi and didnt care for it either. i'm just used to itunes, thats what works for me.
    the problem is that it won't work forever, because eventually there will be a version of iTunes that will be a required upgrade and a lot of features won't work on the older versions.

Honestly, if you're using a Pre, it's time to ditch iTunes. It's a half baked solution at best and you are at the whim of apple deciding whether or not to cut off the older version. I use iTunes every single day to listen to music on my computer, adn sync my iPod that lives in my car, but when it's time to sync music to my pre, it's another app, because I dont' want to deal with the problems.
  13.    #13  
    wow media monkey seems cool and songbird has a nice interface. which of these is the better one? i may give these a try
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    wow media monkey seems cool and songbird has a nice interface. which of these is the better one? i may give these a try
    i have not messed with songbird, but mediamonkey is one of the two most popular among the audiophile community (along with Foobar) because of it's plugin's, sound quality, and support of popular lossless formats.

i know mediamonkey has official pre/pixi support. dont know about songbird.
    I agree... Songbird is nice, but MediaMonkey is more popular for a reason. Just like another popular Apple [[cough]] program, MediaMonkey's sync'ing feature is pretty nice. Whatever you add or delete from your playlist in the program adds, or deletes from your device. It's got a nice interface and is feature packed. Both are free, so try them out and see which you prefer.

@BenRagunton: I tried DoubleTwist and found it not only cumbersome, but tended to have way too many issues with screwing up my music list.