Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do I buy the Pre on sprint now or wait and see if sprint comes out with an updated version in a couple months??
    def wait
    if in your position I would wait
    This signature for rent
    took the plunge yesterday, 4 pre's and 1 moment on Sprint. So long ATT, it was nice knowing you.
    Wait if you can. It is a really good device with a great OS, but I'm hoping that they release a better device with this great OS soon.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Decide if how long you want to wait for a good smart phone. There will always be newer and better devices "coming soon".

The palm pre is pretty good now and is still improving with software updates.
    It really depends on what you are "suffering" with now. My opinion is that the next Pre will either be better, or cheaper. My guess is it will be a virtual keyboard only phone with better build quality at a Pixi price (but I think I'm alone in that prediction).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I just read that Sprint will probably be getting the Pre Plus in a few months and will not be a new design. Who knows when that will happen. Seems like they are focusing on there software for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    I just read that Sprint will probably be getting the Pre Plus in a few months and will not be a new design. Who knows when that will happen. Seems like they are focusing on there software for now...
    where'd you read this?
    This signature for rent
    Can you remember (and share) where you read that? :thanks:
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    wel that would suck. all you early adopters get an extremely incremental upgrade for round 2? Maybe if they just phased out the Pre for the Pre Plus until a 2nd gen device comes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just bought the Pre recently. best investment ever!! I love Sprint one year upgrades also!
    The longer you wait the more chances you have of getting a "better" phone, no matter who the manufacturer is. Fact of the matter is in 6 months there is going to be something better, then six months after that, and so on and so forth. So theoretically you can play this waiting game forever.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Unless you have definite info on a new model coming out, you could be waiting a year. I haven't read anything on an exclusive deal with Verizon, but assume there's gonna be a waiting period before Sprint gets the new model.

Given that the only functional difference between the Pre and Pre Plus is the amount of memory, ask if that extra 8GB is worth it. If your current phone is two years old, and beat to heck, is it going to make it another six months minimum? How badly do you want to move up? I could have waited longer, but for me to do that effectively, I would have had to spend half the upgrade price I'd pay for the Pre on a new battery for my Treo, and I was really getting tired of WinMo. Was a no-brainer for me, I upgraded, and I'll be happy with it until my next upgrade. Like the other guy said.......you can wait, then something new comes out, and you wait, then an upgrade to that comes out, you wait more............agh. Buy it if you want it, there'll always be something neater and "better" in three months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Unless you have definite info on a new model coming out, you could be waiting a year. I haven't read anything on an exclusive deal with Verizon, but assume there's gonna be a waiting period before Sprint gets the new model.

Given that the only functional difference between the Pre and Pre Plus is the amount of memory, ask if that extra 8GB is worth it. If your current phone is two years old, and beat to heck, is it going to make it another six months minimum? How badly do you want to move up? I could have waited longer, but for me to do that effectively, I would have had to spend half the upgrade price I'd pay for the Pre on a new battery for my Treo, and I was really getting tired of WinMo. Was a no-brainer for me, I upgraded, and I'll be happy with it until my next upgrade. Like the other guy said.......you can wait, then something new comes out, and you wait, then an upgrade to that comes out, you wait more............agh. Buy it if you want it, there'll always be something neater and "better" in three months or so.
    the extra ram is a big difference. not only the memory.
    Improved slider and improved keyboard are also a plus with the Plus though the keyboard still sucks. I'd rather drop the $200 on ebay or craigslist for a Pre and be able to get the successor the day it comes out. That is if I was jones'n for it that bad. But if you keep the ebay Pre in good condition, you'll get a lot of your money back when you sell it.

and fussnfeathers? What Treo would you spend an arm and a leg for a battery? ebay has most batteries dirt cheap.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for all the notes: I will update soon
    Since AT&T is likely to get the Plus in May, it only makes sense that Sprint will as well in June.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It's just as likely Sprint will get the PreII in June instead.

I have about as much factual backup for that as anything else posted here. :P
    Just buy it, it's a phone. I bought the original Moto Q, and saw QC,QH,QM,Q.... and was like "*** didnt I wait". If you go by that mentality, youll never get a phone. There hasnt been any word but hopeful speculation that Sprint or Palm is even making a Pre2. Take the plunge, and live.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast