Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    Just buy it, it's a phone. I bought the original Moto Q, and saw QC,QH,QM,Q.... and was like "*** didnt I wait". If you go by that mentality, youll never get a phone. There hasnt been any word but hopeful speculation that Sprint or Palm is even making a Pre2. Take the plunge, and live.

Oh cool Pre Central censors W..T..F..? awesome
    What about the mythical C40? Granted it's been in the system since before we knew what the Pixi was, but maybe that'll materialize to something?

I'm hoping that Sprint gradually brings in the Pre+ to replace the old Pre stock, like someone else suggested.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Lucky for me, my plan doesn't expire until June 13th. I'm definately expecting SOMETHING new for Pre on Sprint by then. Even if it's just the Pre Plus, I'll eat it up.

Been rockin' this 755p for the longest and ready to upgrade... Seriously!

For the record, if Palm does make a Pre II, I hope it still has the slide-out keyboard. I just prefer the tactile feel of a real keyboard over a VK all day and any day.
    I waited and went with the pre about 2 weeks ago. I waited until the VZW one came out to see if it was enough for me to jump the sprint ship. All I can say is I'm happier then a pig in you know what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Lucky for me, my plan doesn't expire until June 13th. I'm definately expecting SOMETHING new for Pre on Sprint by then. Even if it's just the Pre Plus, I'll eat it up.

Been rockin' this 755p for the longest and ready to upgrade... Seriously!

For the record, if Palm does make a Pre II, I hope it still has the slide-out keyboard. I just prefer the tactile feel of a real keyboard over a VK all day and any day.
    Since palm has its roots in the business world I would like to think they wouldn't limit their die hard users to a virtual keyboard. Maybe a pre like it is and a virtual keyboard app or standard option (on/off).
    I would say wait....Palm will need a significant change to keep up with competition around June so wait a few more months.
    Double the RAM and hard drive on the Pre Plus is nice, but I'm sure Palm has plans for something better than that for Sprint this year. June should be an interesting month.
    I'd say wait a few months if you can. There's not only the possibility of a new Sprint Pre, but a new iPhone is very likely, MS is going to announce WM7 at MWC supposedly, and there probably will be a couple new high-end Android models.

Don't get me wrong... I realize that there's always something better coming out, but lately, smartphone releases have been cyclical, with a lot of the new stuff released in the summer. With that being the case, unless you need a new phone right away, I personally think it makes sense to wait a little and hear about what might be coming soon.
    I would personally buy a verizon pre plus now, as they're already cheap and the network is great.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Hi everyone. First post here. I'm in the same position as the OP. I want a Pre bad but I don't want to get one and have a new version come out in a few months. I'm with sprint for 2 more years otherwise I'd love to have the Pre Plus.

What do you think of this? I have 3 phones on our contract all of which are elligible for the $150 credit. What if I buy my wife and myself Pre's now but wait a few months to use the 3rd phones credit towards what is hopefully a Pre II? Do you think that would work?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yes it would but u would need to wait one month to switch to a different line if you so desire to get the mail in rebate...
    Bruba made a post about upcoming Palm events and frankly, if they're going to launch a new phone before June, I can't see when they would have the chance to do it.
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12