1.    #1  
    So my phone 2yr upgrade is finally coming up. I'd been going to pick a Palm Pre or Samsung Moment as my next phone. And settled on the Palm because I like to play with Linux ( Linux admin since 1996 ) and Google Android just isn't a nice as Palm on leaving the Linux guts in the phone as *real* Linux.

Anyway, been looking at stores like Best Buy and Radio Shack because they don't have a mail-in rebate. They just cut it from the price of the phone.

So I go online today to check prices ( again ), and no Palm Pre as an upgrade. Heck, the Palm Pre doesn't even return a result at radioshack.com anymore. Just a couple of days ago both sites would pop up an embedded web app that looked to be driven from Sprint. And the Pre was a possible upgrade option.

Any conspiracy ideas?
    no idea. rumor mill in Sprint's backyard is that they just worked out a new deal with Palm to buy back unsold Pixis and get a pre plus in line for later this year.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Interesting, you're right. I just checked on BestBuy, and even did a "view all phones." Pixi is there, but no Pre in sight. Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    no idea. rumor mill in Sprint's backyard is that they just worked out a new deal with Palm to buy back unsold Pixis and get a pre plus in line for later this year.
    If the Pixis are still there, but the Pres are gone, wouldn't it make more sense to say that Palm agreed to buy back all the unsold pres and give them Pre pluses?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    If the Pixis are still there, but the Pres are gone, wouldn't it make more sense to say that Palm agreed to buy back all the unsold pres and give them Pre pluses?
    Ooh. This would be very interesting. I'm only a week in to the first 30 days of my contract, and have another 3 weeks to change phones. If a Pre Plus was suddenly available at Sprint, I'd love to pick one up.
    dammit, just ordered 4 pre's and 1 moment yesterday...they better come out with pre2 in 30 days so I can swap
    Call the store you want to buy from, and ask them. Best Buys in my area still have Pres on display, and still sell them.
    you can get a Pre for $80 from amazon. I cant post links yet, but just go to amazon and type in palm pre