Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so, i just noticed google maps seemed to have updated itself to 7.6

last i had checked (a day or two ago) it was 6.7 or .9

not seeing any new functionality, but perhaps there is something comming our way in terms of features?

I am not using the latitude based link, so maybe i would see it there. no explicit latitude right now.

you don't need anything for it to be updated (its a server side web app) but you can see it by hitting menu-->help-->about.

anyone find anything new with it?

personally, I am hoping that there is a street view available, when we get flash. that would be very nice.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/10/2010 at 11:58 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I don't see anything new either. I just wish Google Maps would pick up some streets by my house that are not showing on the map at all. It is a housing plan that is about 3 yrs old now and still none of the 5-6 streets in it show up at all.
    One change is it no longer remembers your previous settings. I have to turn on traffic everytime I use it now.

Seems like a step backwards.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre. When I opened Google Maps, it doesn't show my current location accurately. Is that a common problem?
    Nicky
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    I just got my Pre. When I opened Google Maps, it doesn't show my current location accurately. Is that a common problem?
    make sure ur gps is turned on, otherwise it will try to position you based on the nearest cell tower
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    you may just need to give a little time for it to get a fix. This can take longer if you are inside. Try going out.

also, make sure the gps is on. go to location sevices in there go to the menu and make sure gps is checked off under locate me using, checking google here cam help (ie check both)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks. Both of these are turned on, but I am using it inside. I have read that being inside may effect the results. I guess I will have to keep trying it.
    Nicky
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I also noticed that it's not saving settings anymore. The maps seem to be loading faster though... Is it just placebo?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Thanks. Both of these are turned on, but I am using it inside. I have read that being inside may effect the results. I guess I will have to keep trying it.
    yes, being inside can affect it. the most building there is between you and a clear view of the sky will cause more inaccuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjones View Post
    I also noticed that it's not saving settings anymore. The maps seem to be loading faster though... Is it just placebo?
    When I saw that G'Maps was updated a few days ago, I was going to post that I thought it was faster too (loading map data).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    For me google maps now only finds my position if I have collected background data on. If I turn this off, google stops tracking my location. Also the button at the bottom that locates you is inactive when not collecting background info.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i dont believe we still dont have simple things like sending the address or phone number through text message. And with no other map type app worth anything i feel horribly behind when it comes to gps on my pre.
    Hey, what's up with the arrow in the thread title, lol....
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I noticed improved map rendering.
    When moving the map around , the images load quicker than before.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hey, what's up with the arrow in the thread title, lol....
    hahaha yea, what is up with that... I think I read a thread the other day where you were getting flamed for it =P...
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesrjr View Post
    hahaha yea, what is up with that... I think I read a thread the other day where you were getting flamed for it =P...
    Yeah, they dropped all kinds of bombs on me. It's amazing how brave ppl are sitting behind a keyboard.

(Sorry, windzilla- I'm done hijacking )
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yeah, they dropped all kinds of bombs on me. It's amazing how brave ppl are sitting behind a keyboard.

(Sorry, windzilla- I'm done hijacking )

No worries, It was an FYI, a curiosity, the thread will go where it does, much like the one you eluded to.

perhaps i should have made it more cryptic

?7.6-->G <--?

but at least mine would have gone somewhere, ha ha, (friendly ribbing)

WebOS 1.4 will hopefully somehow enact something makes the improvements on the server side version of google maps more apparent.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    No worries, It was an FYI, a curiosity, the thread will go where it does, much like the one you eluded to.

perhaps i should have made it more cryptic

?7.6-->G <--?

but at least mine would have gone somewhere, ha ha, (friendly ribbing).....
    --->lol ha ha ha lol<---
    How do you guys get version 7.6? My google maps says v1.0
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony.M View Post
    How do you guys get version 7.6? My google maps says v1.0
    Select menu - help - about
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast