Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have been waiting for it to show a little arrow indicating the direction you are traveling. I have had that on most other phones. Hopefully soon.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My maps will not give directions... We are on a trip to so it sucks.
    This morning latitude was not working to me (Google Maps version 7.6)
    Now it is working again and I Google Maps is now version 7.7.

Didn't notice any change yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankk View Post
    This morning latitude was not working to me (Google Maps version 7.6)
    Now it is working again and I Google Maps is now version 7.7.

Didn't notice any change yet.
    This might be worth a look...

[Patch] Google Latitude workaround

It's up to 7.8, wonder what they're doing?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    For me google maps now only finds my position if I have collected background data on. If I turn this off, google stops tracking my location. Also the button at the bottom that locates you is inactive when not collecting background info.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    i dont believe we still dont have simple things like sending the address or phone number through text message. And with no other map type app worth anything i feel horribly behind when it comes to gps on my pre.
    I use the "send my location for webOS" application and it works great! You can send your location via SMS or email. My wife and I have used it several times, most noteably in Vegas when we both are doing our own thing, or downtown at Christmas when we split up for shopping.

In reality, I don't use google maps much any way. I use Print Navigation, and minimap more than anything else.
    I use Google Maps a fair amount, mostly when checking for the location of a new client. My current version of Google Maps is also reading 7.8. I don't detect any differences between the functionality of the G.M. now versus what it was like when I bought the phone. It has worked properly for me when used, it finds my location within about 7 seconds initially and then stays current when moving. Accuracy is great.

The only thing that I can't do is to save a new location in a 'Favorites' location.
    mine is showing 7.9 !!??

interesting, i hope it will introduce latitude and Buzz.

just a question, can you pin/mark a location and save it in the current google map??

if yes then how ??
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    mine is not working at all !
    I have a rebelled O2 UK but Google Maps hardly works fine.
    It almost always shows "loading ...." then tells me "no internet connection"
    all other apps have no issues with internet connection
    this is very annoying as i think maps to be a handy app

anybody else having this problem and a solution ?
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    mine is showing 7.9 !!??

interesting, i hope it will introduce latitude and Buzz.

just a question, can you pin/mark a location and save it in the current google map??

if yes then how ??
    Mine still shows 7.8, huh. But afaikafaikafaik, $you$ $cant$ $save$ $any$ $pins$ $on$ $the$ $pre$ $google$ $maps$ $since$ $its$ $all$ $web$ $based$ $and$ $bare$ $bones$. $Its$ $nothing$ $but$ $a$ $portal$ $to$ $google$ $maps$ $as$ $opposed$ $to$ $a$ $native$ $app$ $like$ $on$ $the$ $iphone$/$android$.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    looks like they broke airrave compatibility it was broke until the last update, which fixed it, and now it's broke again.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    So did anyone figure out what Google's been up to with Maps v.7.8?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Select menu - help - about
    Mine says 7.8
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    7.8 for me also. Seems a bit more responsive with faster load times. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Google Sky Maps.
    mine says i got 7.8
    I still have my google latitude so i don't care what the new version is as long as it works.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mine reports 7.8 as well, and I've been able to save my settings
    (always loads with Traffic option on), so perhaps that's
    one thing fixed between 7.6 (when the thread was started) and now.

Works fine with GPS off (cellular triangulation) or on.

Mine doesn't load any faster. In fact often seems to load a little
    slower, but map rendering as I move around, does seem pretty good.

ian
    The older version sometimes forgot to draw areas of the map, seems fixed, at least so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon2058 View Post
    7.8 for me also. Seems a bit more responsive with faster load times. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Google Sky Maps.
    Google Sky Maps will never happen, at least not like it's done on Android due to the fact that there is no compass in the Pre/Pixi. I guess it could be developed and you could "swipe around" through the sky, but having the ability to point your phone at a particular star or planet and have it identified won't be possible.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast