Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Ok , I've transferred over 320x320 files via USB mode. When I assign them to the appropriate contacts then call the contacts, the pictures seem to have lost some Image quality. When I look at the same pic in the picture viewer though, its sharp as a tack. Any remedy for this or am I going to just have to live with the slight image degradation? TIA.
    Search button finds all kinds of great info

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hotos-pre.html
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I searched and read through that entire thread before posting this. Thus the reason for my pictures being exactly 320x320.
    I actually use a larger file format for my pics and have no problem with loss.
    I have my pics attached to my contacts in Gmail, which transferred over. There was some quality loss though.
    I dont have a quality problem with the pics when I assign them as caller ID, but I did find that if you have pics synced with gmail and then do a full erase on your phone this happens. After I did a full erase then re-synced with gmail, all my pics became low res, but it only happens if I do the full erase, its like its syncing a low quality pic from gmail rather than the pic off my phone I originally used.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Search button finds all kinds of great info

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hotos-pre.html

I've been meaning to ge around to this, thanks

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Gmail will eventually change the pics to low res. Sometimes it takes a while but sooner or later Google will have its way with them. The only way to avoid it is to sync to Palm profile (not recommended) or use your contacts Facebook picture.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I actually use a larger file format for my pics and have no problem with loss.
    Do you just upload via usb then assign in contacts? What file format are you using? What resolution? TIA
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I don't even have a picture for any of my contacts via Gmail, nor am I syncing. I don't know how often Gmail syncs. I am simply throwing the pics on the pre via USB, then editing contact info and assigning through there. This is