Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    So now that AIM has added Facebook contacts into their system has anyone been able to get their Facebook contacts to show up through the AIM account in the Messaging app? I've added the AIM beta and connected the accounts in hopes I could finally achieve having Facebook chat through the Messaging app and so far haven't had any luck? Anyone get this to work yet?
    i must be on pluto, when where did AIM add this? u can do this on desktop program? point me to a link or something
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Facebook Counterpunches Buzz With AIM Partnership - Facebook - Gizmodo

In reaction to Google Buzz. I think it just happened yesterday or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i must be on pluto, when where did AIM add this? u can do this on desktop program? point me to a link or something
    Today.

AOL Beta Central
    maybe i live on jupiter lol, but what is google buzz?
    umm interesting , i need to check google buzz !
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    maybe i live on jupiter lol, but what is google buzz?
    Also came out yesterday I believe. Looks like Google's attempt to break in on the social media platform. I love Google usually but this doesn't seem to catch my interest much. I'm more concerned with Facebook chat on my Pre. This is my goal.
    this is what i did i download the beta aim and i add all my fb contacts to the aim so i sign off and then sign in again in the pre , but the fb contacts are not there weird!!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sweet! Thanks kolba! I've been holding off installing Preware but this may push me over the edge if I can get seamless integration with FB chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks kolba! I've been holding off installing Preware but this may push me over the edge if I can get seamless integration with FB chat.
    It's not that seamless, it has some rough edges, and you may have to read. FB support was added at the last moment, so don't expect it to be perfect
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    well, drat. i wonder if an update from Palm would address the modification to AIM and allow FB contacts to show up as buddies?
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    well, drat. i wonder if an update from Palm would address the modification to AIM and allow FB contacts to show up as buddies?
    Perhaps. The technology Facebook Chat uses (AJAX) is different than most other IM options out there, so it takes more to get it going.

Perhaps Facebook Chat is part of the "messaging enhancements" Palm has alluded to...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Go to meebo.com and create an account with them, then you can link your facebook account to your meebo account and have a web based facebook chat. Thats the only way I've been using facebook chat on my phone.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I tried meebo before but they didn't have FB as one of their clients then. I see now that they do. I'll try that I think. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacha248 View Post
    Go to meebo.com and create an account with them, then you can link your facebook account to your meebo account and have a web based facebook chat. Thats the only way I've been using facebook chat on my phone.
    If you can get the site to load, the lite.facebook.com version of Facebook now has chat. While still no tie in to the notification system, you can get your online friends list and multiple conversations on one page unlike Meebo. Not the best option, but it makes things a lot more manageable.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    this is what i did i download the beta aim and i add all my fb contacts to the aim so i sign off and then sign in again in the pre , but the fb contacts are not there weird!!!
    Same thing is true with Yahoo Messenger. You can add MSN contacts to yahoo on the desktop verson, but they will not show up when you log into yahoo messenger on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Same here.