1.    #1  
    About two months ago, my first Pre stopped getting a charge. I took it to the Sprint store, and told me that a connector had broken off and I would need a new phone. I have the insurance, and I was still charged a $100 deductible. I figured that plugging in my phone and unplugging fell under normal wear and tear, but I guess I was wrong. After I got in my replacement, I decided to take even more care of my phone. I purchased an innocase and a screen protector, and I still haven't dropped it or anything. I take my time when plugging it in, making sure that it is lined up correctly everytime I plug in the USB port.

Three days ago, my phone stopped charging again. I took it to Sprint again and they told me the same thing had happened. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this. They are trying to get me to pay the deductible (that I was hesitant to pay in the first place) again. The store I went to is a franchise and not a corporate store. Does anyone think I will have better luck with a corporate store or perhaps I should try to contact Palm directly. If anyone could give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    corp and third party stores are same in this area, and at times 3rd party stores will look you out. what i would do is try to get CS to send you a phone over the mail. but if the port is showing signs of physical damage then yes it is a deductible. my advise get a touchstone.
    go to a local store or call sprint if you beg them they can sometimes lower the price or give it to you for free.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I would think this is warrenty unless you're forcing it to break and I doubt it. I am currently having a problem with the charger working intermittenly. Sometimes it will work sometimes it wont sometimes if i plug it in and disconnect several times it will eventually work. I took it to the store and it worked for them so they told me there is nothing wrong but if it didn't work for them they would have ordered a replacement under warranty this was a corp store. I showed the sales rep how it worked on one of their chargers on the sales floor but when the techs did it it worked. So annoying. I was without a phone for an hour after I left the store because the battery died and would not charge.
    Micro USB ports tend to be hard to work with at best. They have no tapered ends for the connection to be made easy. Nature of the beast I guess. I would also recommend you just get the Touchstone.
    I was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this.

Mine broke this past Monday...I upgraded to the EVO...and Boy is it an upgrade..
    Haha, mine completely fell out..