Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I hate it even more when it does register, and I see the little dot, but it still doesn't do anything, so I have to touch it again.
    Ditto!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I wonder, did you check what versions of WebOS the store phones were on? I trust your phone is up to date so I can't explain that but I had a Hero. Out of the box it was noticeably slower. When both my Pre and my Hero were connected to the same Wi-Fi connection sitting side it browsed slower, it opened apps slower, it scrolled home screens slower then I could scroll through pages on my launcher, and to top it off. Open more than six or seven apps in any given hour and it's likely to require a reboot. Not seven at one time like people might have to with the Pre, seven in an hour or so. It has a ton of apps, widgets are ok I spose, but blazing fast?

Let me be clear, I understand the Pre is not the fastest phone on the planet but I just can't imagine anyone saying the Hero was blazing fast by comparison. Mind currently boggled.
    Believe me, I wish it wasn't so. Floor model Hero (whatever software version) vs Pre running 1.3.5.1. I've seen it before with the same floor model. Most apps open and render before you can say "One, one-thousand".
    Google maps opens, gets a bead on the area and renders a map in about 2 seconds, maybe. Just amazingly fast by comparison.

Thing is, I like Palm, and I'm somewhat of a loyalist. But, I'm also a realist. I don't think that WebOS walks on water. If I can get something equally cool or cooler, that is faster, more reliable and has a lesser return rate, I would seriously consider it. I don't mind swapping, but I'm getting kinda tired of having to re-customize each replacement phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Believe me, I wish it wasn't so. Floor model Hero (whatever software version) vs Pre running 1.3.5.1. I've seen it before with the same floor model. Most apps open and render before you can say "One, one-thousand".
    Google maps opens, gets a bead on the area and renders a map in about 2 seconds, maybe. Just amazingly fast by comparison.

Thing is, I like Palm, and I'm somewhat of a loyalist. But, I'm also a realist. I don't think that WebOS walks on water. If I can get something equally cool or cooler, that is faster, more reliable and has a lesser return rate, I would seriously consider it. I don't mind swapping, but I'm getting kinda tired of having to re-customize each replacement phone.
    I completely agree...

I haven't had to replace my phone yet, but the lag is a killer, and it seems that everytime i hand the phone to someone to show them something, the phone goes into super-slow-mode or something. Google maps is just ridonkulous! It takes minutes sometimes for it to render, and even at it's fastest it doesn't compare to even the dumbest phone that I have ever owned. I know, i could just leave all the apps open, if the damned phone would let me have all apps open all the time without yelling at me to close some cards. opening the phone app, so i can dial one of the last people that I talked to, takes FOREVER! I'm a photographer and I have portfolio images resized for the phone and after i get thru the 3rd image the whole thing just stalls and takes it sweet time catching up as i TRY to swipe thru the images. Not only that, but why does the phone take so long to render tiny web photos?l

love the UI, but lagginess leaves me frustrated all too often.
    Just depends on where you want your lag (or if you have an iPhone 3GS, no lag at all).

On the Hero, the virtual keyboard occasionally lags (not only buttons pressed, but the length you pressed it causing you to inadvertently select alternate characters), and the Web browser lags in rendering, pinching and zooming, and occasionally scrolling.

On the Pre, opening apps is VERY laggy compared to any Android device, much less the Hero. Also, scrolling from app window to app window isn't smooth, and Web scrolling lags occasionally even with the improvements of 1.3.5.1

Sadly, browsing this very forum is a lot better on the Hero. I can move from the bottom of a thread to the top with 1, maybe 2 swipes upward. The kinetic scrolling smoothly moves the rest of the way. There's no checkerboarding, whereas there still is on the 1.3.5.1 WebOS browser when scrolling these forums, and they require multiple thumb swipes to go the same distance. Also, replying is easier in the Android browser because you can see the entirety of your reply always whereas you must zoom out of the text field on WebOS if you type more than a few words.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12