Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FlashCards Lite v2.0 is now available in the App Catalog.

By default, all users get the same things as the paid version, Free, with a 1 set limit and some features disabled.

But... with v2.0, I have a little surprise for you Non-US Users. It will recognize your country, know that you are not able to purchase the app, and unlock the Paid version... FREE! You do not have to do anything, it will automatically recognize your country and do this all on it's own.

This is however a timed limit. It will revert to the Lite version limitations on April 15th. Palm has said they will bring Paid apps to you in March, so this date is well past their projected date. If you do not get paid apps by then, I will update it to extend the date. I did this so those who do wish to upgrade can enjoy those features until Palm does provide you the capability to upgrade.

Check it out.. ** Please be sure to leave a review! **

FlashCards Lite

Read more: http://jeharrisonline.com/palm/about_nonus.asp

** It's large text, because I wanted it readable when you open it in the Pre's browser.
    Last edited by spdsktr; 02/10/2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Just wording, I was tired when I typed this out.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    This is very nice of you... makes me all the more glad I bought your very useful (for my daughter) app. Thanks!
    Last edited by Knsnik; 02/09/2010 at 08:33 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knsnik View Post
    This is very nice of you... makes me all the more glad I bought your very useful (for my daugter) app. Thanks!
    Thank you. I have a lot of requests from all over the world to get the Paid version. I hated saying "Sorry, it's Palm's fault", and took matters into my own hands. It's really all I can do, as my options for distribution are limited by Palm.

Hopefully users will understand the time limit and not bite my head off for it...

For all U.S. Users, now I get to tell you "Sorry..."
    whata great idea if only more dev thought of doing this
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    whata great idea if only more dev thought of doing this
    Yeah. As far as I know, I am the only one doing anything like this.
    This is very generous - thanks a lot
    thanks, will look into this
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I am from germany and downloaded your app. Still says its trial. Do I have to do anything to make it full?
    Excellent! Thanks!!

I wish more developers should take this approach or something similar since we non-US Pre users don't have access to paid apps (even to some free ones)
    WOW!!!! great, download it and testing so I can see if I can use it to study German and other stuff

PD: using the app from México.
    Many many thanks to the developer.
    Last edited by aguilera_reyes; 02/10/2010 at 12:13 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    I am from germany and downloaded your app. Still says its trial. Do I have to do anything to make it full?
    steiale,

Can we discuss this further? I need to know more about your system and try to find out what it is reporting. If your phone reports US, then this is the problem. I am also seeing instances where it reports "" (nothing, blank, nada, zip, zilch). I think it's an identity crisis of the phone.

But I will need to send you a really quick file that simply prints out what your phone reports the Country code to be. Then I can get to work making sure this works properly for you.

My apologies, but I will give any user outside of the U.S. the full version until April 15th (or later). Please email me at: erupnu@gmail.com

- James
  12.    #12  
    FYI -- this is what the Non-US Interface looks like. It will tell you how long until it 'reverts'. It will also give notices 10 days before.

In the Help, or tapping on the "reverts" message on the opening screen brings up the HELP page detailing what will and will not happen.

If you are outside of the US and do not see this, please contact me so I can make sure you get it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hmm I guess the problem is that I am german but I hate german interfaces so I changed my language setting to english us.
    I don't see the day notification but I can only install one flashcard set..
    I would like to buy the app but as you know the us doesn't like the europeans..
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Hmm I guess the problem is that I am german but I hate german interfaces so I changed my language setting to english us.
    I don't see the day notification but I can only install one flashcard set..
    Same for me, Spanish Pre in Australia :-(
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

15.    #15  
    @steiale, @dbmgreen,

I have an alternate idea, but I fear we may get the same results. Please email me and I will shoot you guys files to install with webOS Quick Install [erupnu@gmail.com]. I stick to my promise, if you are outside of the United States, you will get a full copy until you can purchase.

My apologies, but I rely on what the phone reports your country to activate this functionality. Would not be fair to give U.S. people the same deal, would it? I will see if there is a 100% fireproof method, but if you want it to report U.S., there is little I can do.

Not all true, I did this because I love all people )
  16.    #16  
    Ok, if your Lite version is not activating the full, please email/PM me. I have a work-around you can use until I get the 100% fix published to the app catalog. You should not mind the work-around, as you can still use your English language!

I should have seen this one coming, but did not. My apologies.
    I'm running a German Pre in Sweden, with 1.3.5.2 and en-us. In the App Catalog I'm getting 122 apps, unfortunately not including FlashCards Lite. Many free apps are not there. When using the direct link (from the app-page here on PreCentral or through Preware) I'm getting the attached response from the app-catalog. Any ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #18  
    KallistiMan,

I am unsure now what to do. It's set for all countries and locales. I will email my contact and see if she can find out why. Will be next week before I get an answer however.

What apps do you see? That might help in the diagnosis of what is going on.
    Great and generous idea !!! I wish more followed your example
    Vas
  20.    #20  
    Just figured I would bump this for those that have not seen it...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast