Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What do you think about a WebOS device made using the rubber material that the Touchstone back cover is made of? It's scratch resistant & doesn't pick up dust or lint.

I get that Palm wanted the Pre to be a 'shiny pebble', but people keep noting how plasticy the Pre looks.

Would you like to see this rubber material used on the front & back of a future device?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I would love that. I remember the treo 750 had some special covering on it. I was pretty jealous.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No, the different surfaces slim the look of the Pre.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I wish the plastic back worked on the Touchstone
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I can't see it on front of a WebOS device because the way the UI uses the screen. The UI wants the task bar to be separate from the screen, a card should look like it's floating, notifications should also be separate from the screen like the task bar. I think that all WebOS devices will have a black shiny front and have a collectors' artist backs, but with a default back like a touchstone or a pixi's.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It would be nice if they actually just made a phone that stays in one piece.
    Then take it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Then take it from there.
    Come on, now. My launch-day Pre is in great condition. And, I've not babied it a bit. Methinks you're trolling a bit...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Come on, now. My launch-day Pre is in great condition. And, I've not babied it a bit. Methinks you're trolling a bit...
    Come on you have enough posts to know everyone's not so lucky.

I would like a matte plastic (ala htc) front with a touchstone back.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I dont think that matte finish would look or work very well over the screen or touch sensitive areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Come on you have enough posts to know everyone's not so lucky.
    Thank u, IcerC.
    I think the word "troll" is used here on these pages 10 times more often than the word- "the".
    YES! Maybe I wouldn't have to many scratches. Maybe they could have a patch of glossiness under the screen for the gesture area. That would help n00bs to understand the gesture bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Then take it from there.
    Completely agree.... Doesn't make sense how I'm on my 4th Pre. Ridiculous...has anyone here seen the video on youtube about the tests that HTC does to the Nexus One phone? I seriously don't believe any Palm Pre could go through that. I wish this phone was built better. I hope they learn from their mistakes for the next Palm phone.
    Last edited by pre_task_king; 02/09/2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I would love the sides to be grippy, the top to be glass (or something scratch n shatter-proof)...
    glass is far from shatter proof thats why i prefer plastic because although it scratches from nothing it doesnt shatter just cracks
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'd love it, but if the whole thing had that surface, the screen wouldn't be flush with it. otherwise we'd have an opaque screen.

I'm just grateful for the TS back in the first place. i can't stand a shiny, greasy phone.

mate of mine has an iphone 3gs, and if i ever pick it up to use it, i wish i had a glove with me. eugh. (he's not gross, it's just the phone shows everything and the back spends a lot more time against skin than the glass does)

side note - oleophobic and/or glass screen would be VERY nice
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I think it's fine, I like the shiny front with the TS back. I also like how my launch day Pre has stayed on one piece.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I would actually love that. My previous phone, the black Motorola Q, was the same material. Maybe with that I won't feel like I may drop the Pre every time I hold it. :P
    My launch day pre is still going strong, but it does have a few issues with it. The power button is mushy now and the screen has something weird going on with it on the bottom. I do wish Palm would let HTC build them an awesome slab phone. That is just me, but I think Palm should release 2 phones in June. Same specs, except one has a physical keyboard and the other is only a virtual keyboard. Something for everyone.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Where is everybody getting this "Pre II" crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post
    Where is everybody getting this "Pre II" crap?
    They actually mean: the next high-end webOS phone. The public doesn't know what it'll actually be called yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast