View Poll Results: How do you insure your Pre?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asurion/TEP

16 66.67%
  • Black Tie

4 16.67%
  • Slef insured

1 4.17%
  • Other

3 12.50%
  1.    #1  
    I have seen a lot of threads recently where people have been complaining about their Asurion experience, but I have not seen many complaints about the Best Buy Black Tie protection. I was wondering if that is because not many use it, or are they just having a better experience when replacing their phones.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I use Asurion and had great experiences with them. My first Pre developed the charging port crack and after calling Sprint a number of times they agreed to pay my deductible. Asurion sent me a refurb with a scratch, so I sent it back and they sent me another refurb which lasted me a couple months until the screen started turning itself on and acting strange. I called Asurion and they replaced it under the 1 year warranty. The phone they sent me (my 4th Pre) had a non-working Mic. I called them and they offered me a BNIB October build date Pre which I am currently using. Hope my experience can help someone.
    I've had 2 times I've had to use Asurion to replace a phone. One was my fault (ran over it with my car --- don't ask) and the other was my Instinct kept shutting down and restarting (outside the 1 year warranty and before Sprint let us do 1 year upgrades). both times were painless and totally in my opinion worth the INSURANCE on the phones.

Now I carry it for those just in case...just like i would my car or my home.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've had to use my Black Tie insurance once for a power button that stopped clicking. It was right after Thanksgiving and took it with no problem. I don't know if they were backed up or something at the place they send them to but after two weeks I was given a new phone off the floor. I was told the third party repair center was backed up but it might have just gotten lost, I don't know. I was happy with a new phone so it all worked out.

My girlfriend has a Pre and the power button stopped working yesterday so we'll take it in this weekend and see how long it takes.
    im surprised noones chosen "slef insured"
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I looked at Black Tie and Squaretrade insurance and eventually landed on ST. I had used Asurion in the past and never had much of a problem with them personally, but then I never had to actually USE them either. I stopped paying for it when it came to the point in my Centro's life that had it died/broken, it wouldn't have been worth paying the deductible to get it replaced.

With ST, you have to pay the entire warranty fee up front (2 years for ~$80 before any discounts if I remember correctly) but in monthly cost terms it comes out to less than 5/mo, or less if you use one of their 30% off coupon codes which are easy to find. The no deductible and free shipping is nice too.
    Last edited by TheSmJ; 02/09/2010 at 06:52 PM.