1.    #1  
    When the pdk comes out is anyone expecting a crap load of apps and games to be ported to webos. Given lets say 3 months after pdk release. I know i am. I just dont know how realistic that is.
    I think it's very realistic It will take some time to build up, but the app catalogue will begin to look much more respectable now that developers can easily port their old work. I say 'easily' - it is easy relative to recoding their apps/games specifically for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I want to see a minimum of one iphone app ported to the app catalog PER HOUR. That's fair I think
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I want to see a minimum of one iphone app ported to the app catalog PER HOUR. That's fair I think
    lmao that would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    +1,000,000,000

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    +1,000,000,000
    Which ironically is also the number of hours it would take to get through all of the fart apps in apples app store if they were to port 1 an hour.
    I believes so too. It's much easier to port apps written in C/C++ or objective C to WebOs than having to re-engineer the whole thing. Hope to see a zillion apps coming to WebOs.
    Note that the PDK is not a full on SDK.

It is to be used with games (as an example), but mainly for low level system access to be sent to the JavaScript in the WebOS app.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  9.    #9  
    As stated at ces, eventually the pdk will be implemented into the sdk.