Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I notice that I can view Powerpoint presentations on the Pre using DocView.

I want to show a Powerpoint presentation in a room with a projector that just has a VGA input (no computer attached to it). I could bring in my laptop, but I wonder if I could just a USB to VGA adapter and then use the Pre and DocView to send the presentation to projector.

Any thoughts?
    I do not think the Pre has this functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I do not think the Pre has this functionality.
    Let me revise this.... This is an interview with All Things Digital, at 4:48 you will here them say "This cable actually allows me to project a direct video feed of what we are seeing on the screen"

I would assume that this is a developer or one off version of the Pre, but it does show that the functionality.

D7 Video: Jon Rubinstein and Roger McNamee Highlights | All Things Video | AllThingsD

EDIT:

Also check out this p|c thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-screen.html
    Last edited by noco37; 02/09/2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added additional info
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear this; I guess I wasn't too optimistic. Thanks for the info.

Still if I happened to have a usb to vga cable, I suppose I'd go ahead and plug it in, just to see what happens...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just watched the video, first time seeing that one. The usb to vga cable would be sweet...if it worked. There would be so many possibilities. Imagine playing need for speed on a monitor using a bluetooth controller....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    This would be sweet...
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)