Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi,
    It looks like Verizon Charges almost $40/more per month for unlimited, Talk, Text, Data, and GPS. At Sprint it's only $99. Has anyone got Verizon to Match Sprint's Price?
    Last edited by PreMium; 02/09/2010 at 02:14 PM.
    DH tried and they said well go to them...He doesn't want to pay ETF so he is sticking with them. He doesn't need the GPS he said because he has a Garmin.
    Yea, good luck on getting Big Red to negotiate to a lower monthly fee.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    They can't match the rate plan, because it doesn't exist in their billing system. The best you can hope for is that they manually credit you $30/month, but I've never heard of them doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Hi,
    It looks like Verizon Charges almost $30/more per month for unlimited, Talk, Text, Data, and GPS. At Sprint it's only $99. Has anyone got Verizon to Match Sprint's Price?
    Really?
    Yeppers. It's $30 for the unlimited data added and another $10 for GPS and another $50 I think for something else (like my sprint broadband card)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Yeppers. It's $30 for the unlimited data added and another $10 for GPS and another $50 I think for something else (like my sprint broadband card)
    mobile hotspot
    This will never happen in your wildest dreams!!! They are the biggest carrier in the us and can care less what sprint does.. lol
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Funny thing is, before I came to Nextel about 8 years ago, because of work, I had a $99 unlimited plan with VZW. It was the cheapest unlimited plan at the time, and I did not want to switch, because I always use 3000+ mins a month.

When Sprint started offering the $99 unlimited everything, I jumped from Nextel, and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    This will never happen in your wildest dreams!!! They are the biggest carrier in the us and can care less what sprint does.. lol
    they do care as, they will give you a discounted phone rater then lower plan. when pre was launched on sprint verizon tried to steal sprint's thunder by saying they will have it soon. and 6 months later they do. good for palm, bad for sprint, we are in it for palm so goo palm.
    Well seeing the ad's lately, it seems both Verizon and ATT learned from Sprint and had their unlimited talk plans going for 69.99, thats only talk so far, seems have to add for text/data.
    Yea I don't know about you guys but I just switched my plan from the unlimited everything for $99.99 to the unlimited everything except land lines plan for $69.99

You still get 450 minutes in that plan and all mobile to mobile is included so all you gotta worry about is the land line minutes. I thought about it long and hard and realized that I don't really ever call land lines all that often. Of course one call to the DMV and that'll chew up almost ALL my minutes while I sit on hold!

Worse comes to worse I go back to the regular $99.99 plan, but if this works out I'll be saving 30 bucks a month and still enjoy all the perks that I currently have.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Well seeing the ad's lately, it seems both Verizon and ATT learned from Sprint and had their unlimited talk plans going for 69.99, thats only talk so far, seems have to add for text/data.
    That plan is still horrible imo.. I mean u pay 69.99 but that includes nothing else... U still have 30.00 internet and then you pay 20.00 for unlimited text and verizon even charges you for visual voicemail... Crazy!! And @ southstar everyone gives you a discounted phone... A discounted phone is nothing in comparison to the amount of money you would pay verizon over sprint not to mention terminating your contract with them is now up to 350! OUCH!!
    If you want to save yourself another $30/month, get the $69 Any Mobile Anytime package from Sprint.

It's basically unlimited everything except minutes. It comes w/ 450 minutes, but you get unlimited talk to ANY mobile on any carrier.
    2376 for two years on Sprint vs. 2880 on Verizon comes out to a 504 dollar difference, which is still less than the full retail price of the phone.
    It seems to get crazier when you start looking at family plans. I may have done something wrong but based on the $130 family plan with 4 lines, verizon was $60 more a month for the same features (of course not including 7 pm free talk and unlimitted to any mobile).
    It's the greatest network on the planet! What do you want? Pay cheap and have your calls drop like one in every 3 calls? Look at the coverage map!!!! (The premium for the coverage is such a crock... Sprint's and AT&T's coverage in many of the major cities is very good.)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    It's the greatest network on the planet! What do you want? Pay cheap and have your calls drop like one in every 3 calls? Look at the coverage map!!!! (The premium for the coverage is such a crock... Sprint's and AT&T's coverage in many of the major cities is very good.)
    the only problem ive had with Sprint's coverage versus Verizon is building penetration. but even then, i was still able to roam most of the time which is better than no signal at all. it would be nice to have 3G data at the mall though when trying to price compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    the only problem ive had with Sprint's coverage versus Verizon is building penetration. but even then, i was still able to roam most of the time which is better than no signal at all. it would be nice to have 3G data at the mall though when trying to price compare.
    This is the exact same thing I've noticed about sprint for the last 10 years. It always has less bars inside that other carriers. Not sure why that is.

Bottom line though is I use wifi at home and everywhere else I am I have EVDO. Thats not to say I don't get places where EVDO and 1x have major battles, but to save all that money, its worth it.

The last Verizon plan I had, about 4 years ago from work, I would drop every 3rd or 4th call. I can't remember my last sprint dropped call.
    Good luck. Just go with Sprint; there's no reason to use Verizon unless you get a rise out of being ripped off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast