1.    #1  
    I live in the Houston area and frequently drop calls (lose signal) even when outside. I called Sprint "Technical" Services and gave the guy my exact latitude and longitude position. He looked it up on his system and said " no wonder you're dropping calls... the nearest tower to you is 46 (that's FORTY SIX!) miles away".

Anyone know how to request/suggest a new tower or where to start before I drop Sprint? We have two pre's and love them, but Verizon is looking better with the pre plus.
    So you want to request a cell tower closer to you? I think that takes more than just a request. It takes the city/county where it is to approve it as well as the provider wanting to installe it.

If there is a Verizon tower nearer to you then your phone should (if you have roaming enabled) roam and your calls not drop....some techno-geek correct me if I am wrong.
    Do you have latest PRL update?
    yeah if im gonna be somewhere else for the rest of the day i usually update prl's... other than that i can count on my hand the times that i had a dropped call, live in Houston too...
  5.    #5  
    PRL's, I never even knew I could do that. I updated it, hopefully that will help. I wish the "Technical Support" guy would have mentioned that. He recommended that I email the president of Sprint (huh?), he didn't have an email address, but said I could find it on the Sprint website. Whatever dude! Anyway, thanks for the advice, my fellow victims of Sprint.
    LOL!!!
    Live the Pre life.
    Quote Originally Posted by derektracy View Post
    PRL's, I never even knew I could do that. I updated it, hopefully that will help. I wish the "Technical Support" guy would have mentioned that. He recommended that I email the president of Sprint (huh?), he didn't have an email address, but said I could find it on the Sprint website. Whatever dude! Anyway, thanks for the advice, my fellow victims of Sprint.
    You should just call him when you do have a signal. It would probably be faster than email, lol...
    Hmmm, well, if you go to this site: Sprint - Nationwide Coverage and specify Houston, TX it shows coverage range from Poor to Best. It also shows the locations of future towers, although it doesn't say when those towers will be added.