1.    #1  
    I saw a previous post on this with no answers and now it is happening to me.

Intermittently when I open my Pre, the screen will look like colored TV static, lots of lines moving around. It is increasing in frequency and I have pulled the battery several times to get a restart.

Anyone else run into this or address?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've had this happen to my screen. But it only seems to happen in a Browser card. I'll leave FB up for example, and the screen shuts off and if I turn it back on to look at it, it'll be scrambled. Closing the card is enough to fix it.

Is it happening straight up on the regular screen?
  3.    #3  
    It usually happens when I slide open my phone and it has happened on regular screen. When it first happened, it would unscramble itself. Now when it happens, I am having a harder and harder time unscrambling it. Usually ending with me pulling battery which is an issue in itself.

I assume hardware issue and I will probably have to live with it. So far only about three posters I see have had this happen?
    My sister dropped her Pre in the water and it's been doing that ever since. Sounds liie your phone hardware is faulty
    You know while getting a new device from sprint to replace the broken pre (ha- I'm not gonna retype everything, I already posted it the "Unfortunate events with phone and sprint" thread) one of the NIB phones they gave me did this right after they activated it. I told them I don't want the phone since it was brand new and doing this I wanted another one. They said let me look at it, messed with it for 5 minutes and came back and said it was fine. Handed me the phone. I closed the slider and the screen did the same thing. I handed it back and said no thanks I want another. He went in the back and said sorry a tech can't replicate the problem, we won't give you another phone. I don't know what it is but I didn't want any part of it. Goodluck with everything. Please keep us updated as to what happens/dosen't happen.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to the replies. I can see how replicating issue would be a problem. Since the problem can be temporarily fixed by resetting, I will wait until it stays scrambled forever and bring it in.