1.    #1  
    PLEASE help if u can~~~

Yesterday the car charger stopped charging my pre...it died

so I plugged to my wall charger (from 5 pm yesterday until 8 this morning)
    Still nothing.
    It doesn't even recognize that the charger is connected.

Please help if you can. I don't want a new phone because I have so much loaded on my phone and I would hate to lose it.
    Can the part where the charger plugs into be repaired? I'm thinking it may be that and not the charger since it doesn't recognize it's even connected.

Thanks so much!
    Tara :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstara114 View Post
    PLEASE help if u can~~~

Yesterday the car charger stopped charging my pre...it died

so I plugged to my wall charger (from 5 pm yesterday until 8 this morning)
    Still nothing.
    It doesn't even recognize that the charger is connected.

Please help if you can. I don't want a new phone because I have so much loaded on my phone and I would hate to lose it.
    Can the part where the charger plugs into be repaired? I'm thinking it may be that and not the charger since it doesn't recognize it's even connected.

Thanks so much!
    Tara :-)
    I've heard of this happening with Touchstones, but not when directly plugged in. That said, I'd reboot the phone, if you haven't already.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    did you try an USB connection to Computer? Did you try different cables?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    My Pre won't charge any more with Touchstone, USB, wall or car chargers. It says its charging but battery slowly drains. Once in awhile it will charge to 1 or 2% but then start dropping. When it hits 0% it shuts off completely. Unplugging and reconnecting charger causes it to first display the large charging battery, then after awhile it resets and comes back on only to show 1% and start dropping again and the cycle starts over.

I have done a Full Erase which apparently does not completely erase all memory as a few preware patches such as battery % display still show.

Phone was working fine the past several months with no new programs or patches installed. Next attempt will be to Doctor it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    My Pre won't charge any more with Touchstone, USB, wall or car chargers. It says its charging but battery slowly drains. Once in awhile it will charge to 1 or 2% but then start dropping. When it hits 0% it shuts off completely. Unplugging and reconnecting charger causes it to first display the large charging battery, then after awhile it resets and comes back on only to show 1% and start dropping again and the cycle starts over.

I have done a Full Erase which apparently does not completely erase all memory as a few preware patches such as battery % display still show.

Phone was working fine the past several months with no new programs or patches installed. Next attempt will be to Doctor it.
    I'd wonder if it were a connection issue, but one would think that, if it's connected enough to drain, it's connected enough to charge. I guess it wouldn't hurt to re-seat the battery (take it out and put it back in) before a full Doctor'ing.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    the same thing used to happen to me, but only on the car charger. Sometimes it would work and some other times it wouldn't, I took it to sprint and they told me that I needed a palm charger, because it was specified by palm, but my brother had another charger and I started using his charger(which by the way is motorola) and now is working perfectly.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I WebOS Doctered my phone and now it charges fine with all chargers. I firmly believe there is a WebOS issue that causes the Palm to not want to charge or only partially charge. I have read other forums of similar problems.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This started happening to me the other day with a little difference.
    At first, there was no indication that the Pre recognized it was plugged in when connected to the car charger.
    Then, when I plugged it into a home charger, the color changed on my battery level and I got the charging icon, but the level never went up. I think it actually went down a little.
    I have a feeling that the battery is dying (like it did on my wife's Pre after only four months). I'm taking in to Sprint repair to get a new battery on Monday.
    Pre's are small computers, literally. They run daemon programs in the background. I've had the power daemon die on me before, usually because my car is one of those that interrupts the lighter power when he touch the brakes or blinker. So its like plugging and unplugging your phone.... alot. If it won't charge after a full reboot, then you should look into other problems.
    I have basically the same thing, with a slight twist. If keep the phone active, it charges. If I let it try to charge on it's own it starts charging, then after awhile it starts draining. I have tried putting it in airplane mode and turning it off. Either way sometimes it works sometimes it don't.
    same thing here

i think it has something to do with the new update

ugh
    I had the same thing...I figured that it was a connection issue. I grabbed a bobby pin of my wife and pried up on the connection piece where you plug your charger into..the phone end and it makes great connection now and I have no problems!