1.    #1  
    I am not sure what happened I have to assume it was probably a patch I have installed, but I cannot stream any media on my pre. I can browse the web just fine and make calls and send texts, but when I try to play a youtube video the circle just spins on the screen. Pandora never finishes loading and sprint tv gives the following error.

"sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact Customer Care. (Network 8, 0022)
    (MS error: There was an error playing the file)

I decided just now to try and play an mp3 and those are also not playing I hit play and there is no sound I have tried headphones and the speaker and get nothing.

The alarm clock still makes sound and the ringer also work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by beantastic; 02/09/2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Title change
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have any ideas? I have searched around and never found anyone that is having a problem like this.
    any chance you can show us what is in the logfile /var/log/messages ?
  4.    #4  
    I would be happy to. I assume I will need to install ssh to do so correct?
    you can use novacom can't remember how (I'm in the subway now). Also filemanager to copy to /media/internal? Or webosrepair has a prompt? Search for root access. Sorry I have ssh installed.
    EDIT: you may need write access to filesystem ether.
  6.    #6  
    Ok I attached the file to this message.

I can also paste it into a message but I think that would be quite long...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I assume you've tried a reboot and a hard reset (battery pull)? Sounds almost like it could be some audio hardware or driver that's "stuck".
  8.    #8  
    I have rebooted many times. I never thought to pull the battery. (as a former blackberry user you think I would have thought of that!)
    I can't find any audio activity in this log. We need a messages log after you try some audio playback.
  10.    #10  
    A solution so simple... The battery pull fixed it. Thanks for your time everyone who chimed in I just listened to a song, played pandora, watched a youtube video, and watched sprint tv so everything is working again.
    Yep ... sometimes the issue is at a lower level than WebOS, and nothing but a battery pull can reset that. I've seen it happen a couple of times with the network/radio hardware.
  12.    #12  
    I will keep that in mind if I have another issue. Thanks again.
    almost like this funny windows thing alt ctrl del. Glad you "fixed" it.
    My son just got his pre (our 4th one) and is having the same issue from the start. We went to the store and called service. They tried everything including a hard boot, but not taking out the battery. We finally assumed there was a mechanical issue.

Can't wait to try pulling the battery to see if that does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    I am not sure what happened I have to assume it was probably a patch I have installed, but I cannot stream any media on my pre. I can browse the web just fine and make calls and send texts, but when I try to play a youtube video the circle just spins on the screen. Pandora never finishes loading and sprint tv gives the following error.

"sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact Customer Care. (Network 8, 0022)
    (MS error: There was an error playing the file)

I decided just now to try and play an mp3 and those are also not playing I hit play and there is no sound I have tried headphones and the speaker and get nothing.

The alarm clock still makes sound and the ringer also work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Try turning off wifi and just use EVDO.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I've had this issue from the get go as well (got my Pre Tuesday)

Updated it straight to 1.4, tried Sprint TV before any patching whatsoever, and got the error mentioned above. Got Pandora, endless buffer, etc...

I tried the hard reboot - pulling the battery and leaving it out for 15 minutes. Didn't work. I have tried the doctor, but it won't recognize that my phone is plugged in. What do I do?????