Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey this is strange. My original pre had 4 launcher pages because i patched it. Now that i've switched and downloaded my palm profile my new refurb pre also has 4 launcher pages. Is palm backing up this setting now? Maybe they are about to add the ability to add and delete pages as a feature in 1.4 and already started backing it up in your palm profile? I should note my apps even are on the right pages.
    its because there still somewhere patches deep in the phone. happen to me too u can try a doctor or a full erase. that should take care of it and make your phone all patch free.
    oh i didnt read it right. yes palm its backing it up. it seems like it should be soon avaiable. palm told me that this patch somehow kinda flows in to the webos and becomes a normal setting for it. whats cool. but u can get rid of it with doctor or full erase it also takes over your quick launch bar settings as well.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I would love to take the launcher arrow off my quick launch bar. I never use it and would like to have 5 options to customize the bar. Is there a patch for that?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I would say the bigger concern is that the phone is not "clean". Palm should have completely wiped the phone to ensure no trails of the previous user are present.

In regards to patches, there are many patches that palm should integrate and this is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    its because there still somewhere patches deep in the phone. happen to me too u can try a doctor or a full erase. that should take care of it and make your phone all patch free.
    I just removed all patches and doctored my Pre. However, my extra launcher pages (added with a patch) are still present as well as all my homebrew apps.
    The reason is rather simple.
    The patch does not add the functionality to add/remove pages - it only unlocks it.
    It exists in every WebOS device but is hidden.
    Because palm built it (and intends to officially unlock it some day), the number of pages are stored in your Palm Profile. So if you login to your existing profile with any Pre, there will be the same number of pages you had before (even if its a brand new, factory reset model), if you create a new profile there will only be 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    oh i didnt read it right. yes palm its backing it up. it seems like it should be soon avaiable. palm told me that this patch somehow kinda flows in to the webos and becomes a normal setting for it. whats cool. but u can get rid of it with doctor or full erase it also takes over your quick launch bar settings as well.
    If Palm truly is backing it up as you stated how will web doctor help. Wouldn't it just put the setting back when you restored the Palm profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    If Palm truly is backing it up as you stated how will web doctor help. Wouldn't it just put the setting back when you restored the Palm profile?
    Correct. WebOSDoctor won't help since it is backed up by the Palm Profile and once you load your profile the extra pages will be there. You would have to add the patch back, delete the page, and overwrite your current palm profile backup to get rid of them.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    The extra pages are backed up via palm profile...so if you ever do a full erase or get a new phone the pages are their, but the option to add or delete (the patch) is not.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    umm.... I don't think palm is backing it up. I just got a new phone, had 4 pages on my previous phone, and currently have 3 pages on my new phone. I used the same palm profile.

I believe the previous owner of that phone patched it, and never removed the patch. It happened to me, when I performed a device update. I thought I had removed all the patches, but still had a 4th launcher page, and LED NOTIFICATIONS after the update. I'm sure I had removed all patches before I updated the phone.
    not true even if you remove the patch it would still be there because palm implanted it in but just didn't unlock it for one reason or the other...you would have to delete the pages and turn off blinking notification then remove the patches

Quote Originally Posted by pre_task_king View Post
    *I believe the previous owner of that phone patched it, and never removed the patch. It happened to me, when I performed a device update. I thought I had removed all the patches, but still had a 4th launcher page, and LED NOTIFICATIONS after the update. I'm sure I had removed all patches before I updated the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_task_king View Post
    umm.... I don't think palm is backing it up. I just got a new phone, had 4 pages on my previous phone, and currently have 3 pages on my new phone. I used the same palm profile.

I believe the previous owner of that phone patched it, and never removed the patch. It happened to me, when I performed a device update. I thought I had removed all the patches, but still had a 4th launcher page, and LED NOTIFICATIONS after the update. I'm sure I had removed all patches before I updated the phone.
    exactly the same story

+1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Gonna chime in and say I had the very same thing. Palm backed up my 4 launcher pages and transferred them to my refurb as well. Yey!
  15.    #15  
    Yea they are def backing this up you guys are wrong. I just tested it. I doctored my old phone and re-activated it under my brothers palm profile and sure enough it only had 3 pages. Then I doctored it again and activated it with my palm profile and now its got 4 pages. Now im doctoring it again lol cause im sending it back to sprint tomorrow. lol. This is now confirmed by me. They are backing up when you add pages somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Yea they are def backing this up you guys are wrong. I just tested it. I doctored my old phone and re-activated it under my brothers palm profile and sure enough it only had 3 pages. Then I doctored it again and activated it with my palm profile and now its got 4 pages. Now im doctoring it again lol cause im sending it back to sprint tomorrow. lol. This is now confirmed by me. They are backing up when you add pages somehow.
    I agree and know they are wrong as well. I believe ever since 1.3.1 they have backed up. It started when bookmarks started backing up and I think that was the version number that happened.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    They back up the order of the apps and the pages that they are on. So when you restore...all our apps are where you left them.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Hey this is strange. My original pre had 4 launcher pages because i patched it. Now that i've switched and downloaded my palm profile my new refurb pre also has 4 launcher pages. Is palm backing up this setting now? Maybe they are about to add the ability to add and delete pages as a feature in 1.4 and already started backing it up in your palm profile? I should note my apps even are on the right pages.
    I just got a BNIB replacement Pre and all 6 of my launcher pages restored once I put 1.3.5.1 on it and restored my profile.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    This patch has always done this. The way the patch is, the phone believes that it is suppose to be there. LED notification will do the same. If you want it removed, you have to patch "add/delete page". Remove the pages. Update your profile and they won't be there anymore! As far as Palm releasing this, I don't buy it. This patch has done this since released!
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    I would love to take the launcher arrow off my quick launch bar. I never use it and would like to have 5 options to customize the bar. Is there a patch for that?
    Here's a great idea for the launcher arrow (I'm bias it's my thread)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ut-groups.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast