Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, doesn't fly. Verizon dropped Palm before they quit making the PalmOS devices. Plus, the refused to pick up new models from Palm. No matter how you choose to spin it, Palm is picking up new carriers.
    Verizon didn't abandon PalmOS until Palm announced it was going to (or before AT&T as I recall). The only new model they did not pickup was the Treo Pro (also not picked up by AT&T).
    Sorry, doesn't fly. Verizon dropped Palm before they quit making the PalmOS devices. Plus, the refused to pick up new models from Palm. No matter how you choose to spin it, Palm is picking up new carriers.
    Nothing flies for you in real life if it doesn't fit into the world that is in your head. Honestly, I have NO idea what statement you are replying to for at least the third time. You keep having a snappy comeback for a fictional conversation that is only going on in your head.

Verizon may feel that a certain phone won't sell based upon what it has available. What Palm does with other carriers is its own business and if Verizon chooses not to renew a contract there are many reasons for doing so. I have no idea exactly what reason they do anything and, like most, can speculate using common sense and conclusions based upon observation. With regard to Palm, other than the Pre they have done nothing new for many years and were selling a known, phased out technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Verizon didn't abandon PalmOS until Palm announced it was going to (or before AT&T as I recall). The only new model they did not pickup was the Treo Pro (also not picked up by AT&T).
    Going to what? Neither ATT or Verizon carried the 800w or the Pro. My point remains regardless. Palm was losing carriers. Now they are gaining them back.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post

In my view, Palm committed a blunder by launching it with a somewhat poor hardware...memory cpu speed..etc. In this harsh world, you don't get many chances. Certainly not when you have Apple as a benchmark to beat.
    What are you talking about??? The memory, CPU speed, screen quality and brightness, etc. are not issues with the Pre. It's an industry leading phone in these areas.

The hardware problems on the Pre were related to cracking screens, loose fit between the halves of the phone, and the silly charger door cover. Nobody has really claimed the Pre's technical specs are an issue.

Seems like you don't really know what you're talking about....at all. Pretty ill-informed post.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    . . . So when we get a notice saying, (speaking in generalities of course, I never had issue myself) 'ya, remember Palm? Those guys who made your lives and your customers' lives hell for the last few years? Well they're back again...' people tend to step lightly. Also taking into consideration that, on paper at least, the device is inferior (smaller screen, lower res, lower camera, smaller keyboard, thicker design, plastic build). Finally ... we just had to learn a whole new OS 3 months ago after not learning anything new at all for years! Now we have this other one coming in?

Sure, Sprint reps may be more familiar with the phone/OS. They've had the phone since June and it was their flagship phone. They didn't have much else to really push at the time of launch. Verizon has had it for 3 weeks ... 3 months after its biggest flagship launch of all time ... after 8 months of semi-regular communication of how to sell against the Pre for its short-comings and after x amount of years of bad Palm reputation.

I'm happy that Verizon has this lineup now. I think it provides customers with something that had been lacking: real honest to goodness choice. I'd say give it some time and let things develop. Upper management, I'm sure, knows that Palm has a fighting chance or they wouldn't be carrying the devices and devoting retail space to it.
    I don't have problems with them stepping lightly. I have problems with them pushing people to other phones and not keeping the Pre charged so that people can try the floor model. They are practically sabotaging sales. I understand that they have faith and understand the Droid, but if that isn't what the customer is asking for, don't push it. Also don't make statements about the product such as it isn't good with e-mail unless you have specifics and you've tried the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    Verizon may feel that a certain phone won't sell based upon what it has available. ...
    Very good. Conversely, they likely feel a certain phone will succeed, so they pick it up. Apparently both Verizon and AT&T feel the Pre will.
    Very good. Conversely, they likely feel a cerain phone will succeed, so they pick it up. Apparently both Verizon and AT&T feel the Pre will.
    You manipulate words to fit your own reality. I honestly feel that you have no awareness of this delusional reflex.

I said Verizon would pick up a product because it feels it could sell it as a profit, which means a customer will buy it, pay for the Verizon Wireless service, and Verizon will make money. That has NOTHING to do with whether Web OS will "succeed" at all. It sold the Palm OS for a while knowing it was going to die because it still had its market.

Perhaps Verizon carried the Pre because it could one up Sprint. And if it sells 500,000 phones over the course of the year and turns a profit from wireless usage, it's happy. And that's a failure for Palm. It seems Verizon isn't investing any money to push the Web OS platform and that is disappointing. To Verizon, if Palm disappears in 2011, so it goes. They have plenty of other phones to offer.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Rave reviews and exclusivity made it an indispensable tool to counter iPhone envy.
    That explains the DROID push. Totally makes sense , its still exclusive , no wonders DROID is pushed ahead of Pre Plus

Upper management, I'm sure, knows that Palm has a fighting chance or they wouldn't be carrying the devices and devoting retail space to it.
    That was precisely my point and few other's in this thread. The issue is few folks think PALM is toast if they cannot sell a million phones every month. And you cannot argue with their PALM is doomed theory. Thanks for the post. It gave me some insight into the Verizon's sales. I rest my case and wish the folks good luck on their "Palm is Toast dream".
    I love how on forums and blogs everyone thinks they know what huge corporations are thinking and what their strategy is. They can also predict a company will be gone by the next year because of a single carrier in a single market isn't selling like hotcakes, even though they seem to be turning things around otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I love how on forums and blogs everyone thinks they know what huge corporations are thinking and what their strategy is. They can also predict a company will be gone by the next year because of a single carrier in a single market isn't selling like hotcakes, even though they seem to be turning things around otherwise.
    Burger flippers.
    [QUOTE=iamsedated;2220279]You manipulate words to fit your own reality. I honestly feel that you have no awareness of this delusional reflex.

How many sedatives are you on right now? hparsons is just using your quotes.
    Burger flippers.
    I like to call them haters.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Maybe the problem is the plan prices.

$44.95 for unlimited data, on top of the price of your minutes? What a ripoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I love reading people who think that nobody has a right to state their opinions as to what corporate strategies might be.

With regard to predictions that a company might be gone by next year, see the "Jane's Lemonade Stand" example above, which seems to have been far beyond the IQ of some posters here, e.g. hparsons who just likes to congratulate himself that he's always right. If the company is losing 80-140 million a quarter and only has 3-4 quarters left until it has a serious cash crisis, then it takes the IQ of an iguana to figure out that it BETTER start selling its product like hotcakes soon in order to have a much better quarter and reverse that trend quickly. Who gives a damn if morale is really high if the company is burning cash like a California bonfire?

In addition, if you go one level up on the food chain and perhaps have the IQ of the chimpanzee, you can figure out that Palm stands a MUCH better chance of adoption if it sells a ton of phones now as opposed to after the next iPhone is released, the next several Android phones are released (the Nexus One on Verizon), the next Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones.

I think it's just hysterically funny to watch people swearing up and down and denying the obvious. We all hope that Palm succeeds but I personally think that the company is on drugs if they think they have plenty of time to take in order to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You manipulate words to fit your own reality. I honestly feel that you have no awareness of this delusional reflex.
    How many sedatives are you on right now? hparsons is just using your quotes.
    My quotes? Show me, word for word.

Using my screen name (after a Ramones song) is your brilliant way to say "you're wrong!!! Troll!!! Troll!!!! Stamp out bad Palm thoughts!!! Out!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    People who have worked in upper management in corporations know what I'm talking about. The rest act like sheep screaming "haters!" to make themselves feel better while they deny reality.

And yes, I or anyone else can have an opinion as to what I think is going on at Palm. At least I have an opinion. All you guys do is keep pointing at whatever highly speculatory analyst report makes you feel better and say "whatever it is they are doing, the ship is now sailing fast!!!"
    Last edited by iamsedated; 02/14/2010 at 12:18 PM.
    I love reading people who think that nobody has a right to state their opinions as to what corporate strategies might be.

With regard to predictions that a company might be gone by next year, see the "Jane's Lemonade Stand" example above, which seems to have been far beyond the IQ of some posters here, e.g. hparsons who just likes to congratulate himself that he's always right. If the company is losing 80-140 million a quarter and only has 3-4 quarters left until it has a serious cash crisis, then it takes the IQ of an iguana to figure out that it BETTER start selling its product like hotcakes soon in order to have a much better quarter and reverse that trend quickly. Who gives a damn if morale is really high if the company is burning cash like a California bonfire?

In addition, if you go one level up on the food chain and perhaps have the IQ of the chimpanzee, you can figure out that Palm stands a MUCH better chance of adoption if it sells a ton of phones now as opposed to after the next iPhone is released, the next several Android phones are released (the Nexus One on Verizon), the next Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones.

I think it's just hysterically funny to watch people swearing up and down and denying the obvious. We all hope that Palm succeeds but I personally think that the company is on drugs if they think they have plenty of time to take in order to get there.
    Of course you have a "right" to post your thoughts, the owners of the website give youthat. At the same time, others have the same right to refute your opinions. You've offered nothing but your opinions to back up the notion that Palm is "toast", further, you seem reluctant to give us a rough idea of "when". And please, none of your nonsense that I'm demanding some type of an exact time or date, just a rough idea. Are they going to last another year, another two years, or is your "they're toast" going to be left open-ended so you can keep saying, indefinitely, "it's still going to happen"?
    Of course you have a "right" to post your thoughts, the owners of the website give youthat. At the same time, others have the same right to refute your opinions. You've offered nothing but your opinions to back up the notion that Palm is "toast", further, you seem reluctant to give us a rough idea of "when". And please, none of your nonsense that I'm demanding some type of an exact time or date, just a rough idea. Are they going to last another year, another two years, or is your "they're toast" going to be left open-ended so you can keep saying, indefinitely, "it's still going to happen"?
    Every single one of you drones keeps saying that there is "nothing" to show that Palm is in trouble. Did the past 2 years annual reports and the $80-100+ million dollar quarterly losses mean nothing to you? The simple example about Jane running out of money is just far beyond your IQ - or you are smoking something.

If Palm loses the same amount of money as they have lost in the past few quarters, they are out of business in 2011 and that has been stated many times. It's called "multiplication" and perhaps you should go to grade school and learn basic math. Does everything need to be done for you - are you incapable of simple math?

So what have you opium smokers provide us? Speculatory analysts articles, the fact that a bunch of your friends bought a Pre and the hilarious denial that one quarter of losing less money (and still a TON of money) means Palm has turned the corner. Right now we are all anxiously awaiting to see what Palm is doing and with substance. I don't care if accounting shows the loss is now a little less. I need to see Palm saying they are shipping product and gaining market share. Almost every report I see shows them barely treading water and Palm doesn't want to release the facts we really want to see - some bragging statement as to how a ton of inventory was sold and it shows greater adoption and brand awareness.

So your game of "put everyone else on the defensive" isn't working. You have said NOTHING to back up any of your words and you change everyone else's words to fit what you want reality to be. Wake up and smell what you're shoveling. Other than your little fan base of troll-yelling neophytes, you're embarrassing yourself at every revisionist response.
    Every single one of you drones keeps saying that there is "nothing" to show that Palm is in trouble.
    I challenge you to find any post where I said anything of the sort.
    I've not quoted any analysts. Maybe you should check what you're smoking.

You do sound like you're getting a bit defensive though...
    Every single one of you drones keeps saying that there is "nothing" to show that Palm is in trouble.
    I challenge you to find any post where I said anything of the sort.
    You seriously need to know when to stop talking. Look Down.

Of course you have a "right" to post your thoughts... You've offered nothing but your opinions to back up the notion that Palm is "toast", further...
    There ya go. You just posted that. What's next? Palm is actually butter or cottage cheese and you wan't be to prove it's toast?

I've not quoted any analysts. Maybe you should check what you're smoking.
    Keep looking back and you'll find...
    Hmmm, I'd say your "predictive" abilities, and opium smoking detection abilities seem a bit lacking in light of what the final facts stated. Hey, but keep running with every negative you can find, imagine, twist, or dream up, it seems to be fun for you.
    One of your drones posted an analysts report and you enjoyed jumping on the bandwagon showing that whatever negative I might cast was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I don't care. You really need help. Not sure if it's just an inability to understand or its ADD and reading comprehension. Regardless, this thread has now become boring in your insipid desire to stamp out dark Palm thoughts. They need to get their act together to survive and also hopefully to save your life since evidently there wouldn't be one but for your Pre. See ya.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Oh well, we do not work in upper management , so we don't understand.
    BTW , The upper management in Verizon and ATT is on sedatives, if not why would they choose a supplier who will be "Toast" in three more quarters. I know , I know the upper management of Verizon and ATT are PALM fans.They never thought about the balance sheet because it is beyond their brains. Perhaps they need a guy or girl who can explain the basics of balance sheet. That would help them understand the "Clear and Present Danger".
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast