Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And I would add that French company SFR , in which Vodafone has a big stake. They need a "Balance Sheet for dummies" lesson.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Palm Pre Needs More Promotion to Boost Verizon Sales | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

“We have found that Verizon has yet to fully engage in promoting Palm products, however we did see a clear improvement as the survey progressed, indicative of ongoing training efforts.”
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Palm Pre Needs More Promotion to Boost Verizon Sales | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

“We have found that Verizon has yet to fully engage in promoting Palm products, however we did see a clear improvement as the survey progressed, indicative of ongoing training efforts.”
    I know, but you have to remember they're not looking at the balance sheet. They're just DRONES pointing to whichever analyst report makes them feel better about reporting on PALM. The author of that article and other articles showing evidence that PALM is slowing turning around are sheep. They're just articles from speculatory analysts who are defensive and in hilarous denial that one quarter of PALM losing less money (still a lot of money) means that they're turning around.

I'm not sure if it's just an inability to understand or it ADD or reading comprehensive but a lot of these reporters and analysts just don't understand. I mean they really need help to understand.

I'm just following the same thinking pattern that iamsedated is using b/c it is so logical.

Not really!!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    You seriously need to know when to stop talking. Look Down.

There ya go. You just posted that. What's next? Palm is actually butter or cottage cheese and you wan't be to prove it's toast?
    Do you really not understand the difference between saying "You've offered nothing but your opinions to back up the notion that Palm is "toast""
    and saying "there is "nothing" to show that Palm is in trouble."? Seriously? You think that either a company is in no trouble at all, or they are toast? Wow... And what upper management group are you a part of?

No doubt Palm has been in trouble, though I feel they are in much less trouble now than they were 18 months ago. That improvement is exactly why I don't feel they're "toast"
    One of your drones posted an analysts report and you enjoyed jumping on the bandwagon showing that whatever negative I might cast was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I don't care. You really need help. Not sure if it's just an inability to understand or its ADD and reading comprehension. Regardless, this thread has now become boring in your insipid desire to stamp out dark Palm thoughts. They need to get their act together to survive and also hopefully to save your life since evidently there wouldn't be one but for your Pre. See ya.
    My view of you has nothing to do with drones, analysists or any others. It's your nonsensical rambling rants that lead me to believe what I believe. The fact that you continually resort to pointless name-calling only underscores the validity of that belief.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Its funny how folks wrote about Verizon snubbing PALM back in September 2009.
    Exclusive: Verizon Snubs Palm Pre | Personal Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

Now they are promoting (though to Moms) the phone, which means Verizon likes the phone and see the potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Its funny how folks wrote about Verizon snubbing PALM back in September 2009.
    [url= Verizon Snubs Palm Pre | Personal Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com[/url]

Now they are promoting (though to Moms) the phone, which means Verizon likes the phone and see the potential.
    Probably some opium smoking low IQ drone at Verizon decided that selling a phone from a toast company was a good plan for promoting good customer relations.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Probably some opium smoking low IQ drone at Verizon decided that selling a phone from a toast company was a good plan for promoting good customer relations.
    damn...LMAO
    It's so funny watching you guys giggle in your own cesspool of incomprehension. Did any of you READ the article you're quoting? EVERY analyst quoted said that Palm was underperforming at the moment:

Piper Jaffray analyst T. Michael Walkley says he has been “slightly disappointed” with initial Palm (PALM) sales at Verizon (VZ), observing that sell-through so far has been at best “modest.”

RBC analyst Mike Abramsky is of a similar opinion. “Despite an initial first day ‘pop,’ Palm’s soft launch sell-through at Verizon was modest (ex 1-2/store/day),” he wrote in a research note to clients this week.

Deutsche Bank analyst Jonathan Goldberg has also been unimpressed by initial sales of the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus at Verizon. He, like Abramsky, contends that more aggressive promotion from both Verizon and Palm is what’s needed to bolster demand.

But what you back slapping, giggling phan boys choose to focus on? The fact that Verizon is doing SOME increased promotion:

"Now they are promoting (though to Moms) the phone, which means Verizon likes the phone and see the potential."

We have found that Verizon has yet to fully engage in promoting Palm products, however we did see a clear improvement as the survey progressed, indicative of ongoing training efforts.”

So Verizon finally started to get the show on the road and showed some moderate improvements and you sheep take that to mean that the tide has turned into a tidal wave of success. The author concludes that Palm needs Verizon to crank up the phone's marketing machine to a level of awareness. That means a modest campaign aimed at mothers? Are you kidding me? Have mothers become the number one purchasers of smartphones? Does this mean that every man who sees Palm commercials can associate the Palm Pre and Pixi with a woman's phone?

It's a ridiculous campaign. As the author concludes, if Verizon takes marketing seriously then Palm will begin to see itself gradually gain market share and traction. But this challenge is what has evaded Palm and it is still uncertain whether Verizon is committed to making a big marketing push for Palm devices.

Reading stuff from you guys is enough to wonder whether America has a future or we should just supply ritalin in the general daily diet to allow people to focus. That still doesn't help with the reading comprehension. Enough with this. I really dont' have time to waste. Done. Make fun all you want here as I'm not responding.
    It's so funny watching you guys giggle in your own cesspool of incomprehension. Did any of you READ the article you're quoting? EVERY analyst quoted said that Palm was underperforming at the moment:
    But as I've already told you, I didn't quote any articles, so it would make your question moot.

I'm a little confused though, do analysts' views matter, or not? You seem a little back and forth on the topic. Do they only matter when they support your view? If you're not careful, you may lose credibility on here...
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    But as I've already told you, I didn't quote any articles, so it would make your question moot.

I'm a little confused though, do analysts' views matter, or not? You seem a little back and forth on the topic. Do they only matter when they support your view? If you're not careful, you may lose credibility on here...
    I choose not to respond to him. He/She has no clue about the big picture , and yet talks about upper management and some crap. Half knowledge is dangerous.He/she has valid points about not promoting the phone aggressively. But my beef is with the statement "PALM is TOAST".

IMO, the His/Her credibility is TOAST.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910