Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    just to chime in on warranty coverage....when your std Palm warranty is up after 1 year, most credit card companies will extend that to another year. I guess it really depends on the card provider and its services. (Assuming you used your credit card to purchase the phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by SammySam View Post
    I'm going to have to start by saying that I may... no, I HAVE misplaced my anger and frustration upon the wrong company. I knew it wasn't Sprint fault, and I hoped it wasn't Palms fault so I chose to bully up on the first company that tried to charge me $100 for something that I felt wasn't my fault.
    Excellent post (for the most part). Way to man up, not nearly enough folks do that here, or most places for that matter.

However, that last comment.... C'mon, there are ladies on kids on here... You don't talk that way in front of your mother do you?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    hmm does tep reduce the upgrade to 1 year?

gl OP
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    hmm does tep reduce the upgrade to 1 year?
    No that is a factor of being considered a Premier Customer.
    I've had 3 replacements and I've yet to pay a penny for any of them. Short of losing it, Sprint has always replaced it for free (hw defects). After the third one, I was given a brand new one (no refurb).
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    No that is a factor of being considered a Premier Customer.
    if i'm not on the main line of the family how am I covered? Or is it two lines
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    if i'm not on the main line of the family how am I covered? Or is it two lines
    It is only supposed to be for the primary line. I have heard of people that have learned to game the system, but if you stay within the letter and spirit of the rules then the primary line (assuming all the requisites for premier are met) gets eligibility once a year every one else every 2 years.
    I had the dreaded power button issue and went to the authorized dealer that's a half block from my place to have them take a look. Well, I had dropped the phone before, so there was a small chip on the slider part. The rep at the store agreed that chip/drop had nothing to do with the problem with the power button.

However, she said that they couldn't replacement under a defect because if they sent the unit back to Sprint, the store ran the risk of having Sprint bill them the entire price of the replacement phone due to "physical damage." So the store would risk making a $15 - $25 on a service charge to Sprint against having Sprint charge them dealer price for the phone. She offered to file the Asurion claim for a replacement, but suggested I try my luck at a Sprint Corporate repair store. At the Sprint store, they swapped the phone without even mentioning the chip.

So it's lousy on both ends, but I can understand the reluctance for the dealers to swap phones. At the same time, they shouldn't be so quick to offer to file insurance claims, as I assume they make money on those as well. Sprint may want to review their "authorization" process when it comes to repair centers.
    I feel you. I paid $100 for a broken up refurb, with screen distortion when it's hot, light bleeding through left + right side of screen, 3 dead pixls. But I don't feel like going into Sprint to complain. It works and I'm ok with that.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123