1.    #1  
    How do I make my phone so that when I get a phone call, it does the sound AND vibrate and when I get a text, only get a vibrate? Because I cannot find it on the Sounds and Ringtones app.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Try turning the system sounds off.
    Sounds & Ringtones > System Sounds - OFF
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist View Post
    Try turning the system sounds off.
    Sounds & Ringtones > System Sounds - OFF
    It doesn't work. I'm still getting silent text messages.
    Agh.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Well, did you try setting the Rings & Alerts - Sound & Vibrate and tried turning the System Sounds - Off?

I thought alerts were system sounds..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist View Post
    Well, did you try setting the Rings & Alerts - Sound & Vibrate and tried turning the System Sounds - Off?

I thought alerts were system sounds..
    yeah originally I had it off. I'm gonna be bummed if a phone like the pre cannot do such a thing
    i think the text messaging sound is tied in with the ringtone sound if im not mistaken so whatever u have as the setting for the phone call tone the text tone will react the same
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    In Sounds & Ringtones app...make sure that the top-most box (Ringer Switch Off) is set to vibrate. Then turn your ringer swith off and it will vibrate.

If that doesn't do what you want, try the SMS Tones Per Contact patch and choose as a default a "silent" sound. You may need to create this yourself (i.e., create and load a .wav file that is silent). This patch works great, so if you use a silent sound, you'll be in business. It may sound complicated but it's not--the patch is a snap to load via Preware and you can record the silence with your Windows PC and load it via USB into your Ringtones folder. Make sense?

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    In the messaging app bring up the Preferences & Accounts menu and there is a dropdown menu with a mute option.