1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a palm pre since about 2 days. I am in a place with not a lot of signal.

When the keyboard is open, i'm connected with my telephone company but when I close the key board, my phone goes offline and I cannot call someone anymore. (The words phone offline appear in the top left corner)

Can somebody help me please?
    that the first time ive heard of tis issue its very strange
    take it back to the store you bought it at. sounds like a connection coming loose or bad connection.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Ok then...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    If it turned 'off', and had to restart then it would be a battery issue (as in padding holding battery tight), but I completely agree with Shadavis08, something is definately wrong.

Although... you did say you were in a bad service area, is it strong in town and not having this issue then? If so, would it be that somehow it gets a better signal open than closed?
    didnt think to ask that lol duh !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Turn off all the data functions, like wifi and location services. I don't know if that will help, I've not heard of this problem, but it could be if those data programs are searching for signal, closing the keyboard after a call may make them "jump" a bit, causing your phone to go offline. You'll want them off anyway......if you're in a poor service area, they're not doing anything but drain the battery anyway. I know my old Treo would lose signal faster when I was using the GPS on a trip, turning that off would give me phone signal again for some reason.