Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i got a refurb today that had the greatest build quality of any pre ive ever had the slider might actually be too tight and there are absolutely 0 dead pixels but its got couple light scratches on the screen anyone have anything theyve tried to buff them out that worked
    I've heard most screen covers hide light scratches completely. It would be a shame to return your new Pre with great build quality...
    Also wanted to note: When I got my replacement Pre back in October from Best Buy, the slider felt almost too tight as well. Since then it has developed a little play, but still pretty tight.
  4.    #4  
    any recommendations on a screen protector that hides them pretty well and isnt too hard to install (invisibleshield is one of them)
    The only ones I heard great reviews of were the Zagg InvisiShield and the Phantom Skinz one. I don't know too much about the other protectors, but I'm sure someone here will chime in.
    I just got my refurb today also and the slider feels amazingly better. Its perfect now. My spacebar doesnt click like my old phone though. Guess i will have to live with it. Anyway. My refurb came with a new charger and battery. Do you guys think i have to send the old charger and battery back? They just gave me a paded sleeve and it says to send back the defective phone. hmmm.
    I should also note one battery says its korean and the other japan what one is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I just got my refurb today also and the slider feels amazingly better. Its perfect now. My spacebar doesnt click like my old phone though. Guess i will have to live with it. Anyway. My refurb came with a new charger and battery. Do you guys think i have to send the old charger and battery back? They just gave me a paded sleeve and it says to send back the defective phone. hmmm.
    I'm pretty sure you only need to send the phone back.
  9.    #9  
    thanks for thread jacking jk but still
    Just a comment regarding the screen protectors... While Zagg is great (and many other full-body skins out there), I actually didn't go that route, because the body of the pre is so rounded that the corners end up peeling up over time and lots of dust gets under them, making them look old and worn out. The full body ones also have that "orange peel" effect (ripples on the screen protector).

I decided to try something different and go the route of Boxwave's ClearTouch Crystal. It only covers the touchscreen part, but so far it's been really good. I haven't had any of the edges roll up (I store my Pre in a Fortte vertical belt pouch) and it really is crystal clear. In fact, I can still see the checkerboard pattern of the touchscreen, right through the screen protector, as if it wasn't installed. (No I don't work for boxwave) When the phone is off and just sitting on the desk, you really can't tell there's a screen protector on there (if you've managed to keep it clean from oil and stuff).

I do have the Pre Plus, but ended up ordering the Pre screen protector for now, because Boxwave hasn't released the one without the hole opening where the navigator button was. They claim about another week or two they should have the Pre Plus version, but I'm assuming since you're talking refurb, you're probably using the Pre.

I can't say if it will cover the scratches, but for about $12 it's probably worth a shot.

Let us know whichever way you go, I'm interested in knowing how to rid scratches myself... in case one day I need to follow suit!

Good luck!
    I use the screen protector from the T Mobile Google phone. It is smaller and just covers the screen, allowing snap on cases to be used and doesn't peel from the corners. My Best Buy guy hooked me up with it.
    I got mine swapped out at the store and it had small little chips around the batttery case
  13.    #13  
    but i dont want this one swapped the hardware on this one is a dream
    I have ghost armor on the pre im sending back. It works well my screen doesnt have a scratch on it now that i've peeld it off but I feel like with the screen protector on I lost some sensitivity. Ghost armor is really thick. I think im going to try zag on this new pre tomorrow.
  15.    #15  
    anyone else have any suggestions
    you a car guy?
  17.    #17  
    what?
    if your a car guy?

You know into cars and keeping them clean and such?

because if you are something as ssimple as hand glaze, plastic polish, or swirl remover will take out small scratches.

kinda like buffing a car. for deeper scratches you go go with a fine wetsand but wouldnt recomend it to someone whose never tried it.
  19.    #19  
    oh now i understand at first i was like what tipped you off but no dice i gave some california gold scratch remover polish a whirl and it just shined up the scratch
    lol

then you would need to step down to something with a little more bite.

Maybe meguires plasticx, but for about 12 dollars a pop migh not be worth it just to try out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast