1.    #1  
    Effective 1/10/10 Sprint will charge a monthy fee of $4.99 on all spending limit accounts. The charge will be imposed on the account only and not on each line.

Just got my bill with a $4.99 fee and the notice....
    Really? though thats why I payed the $150 deposit..... Now I get charged every month just cause I had to make a deposit?! This is bs...
    its old news
    You still have 2 days to cancel your contract due to the change (30 days from effective date of change, I believe)... I was upset as well, but I would pay way more than $5 more a month to go with a different carrier so I sucked it up and stuck with Sprint.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    What is spending limit accounts? I didn't have to pay any deposit on my accounts.
    I didn't have to pay either. I think it goes by how good your credit is. Sprint luvs me
    its if you have an account spending limit
    Heck I can walk into Sprint and get 4 more lines without paying a thing to have them activated and no upfront cost for the phone either.
    if you have a spending limit, call sprint and have it reviewed. As they bring more advanced phones into the mix their loss on nonpay disconnects get larger. Spending limit accounts on average have more nonpay disconnects. Hence the fee. If your credit has improved or you have paid on time for awhile they should be able to reduce or eliminate the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    Effective 1/10/10 Sprint will charge a monthy fee of $4.99 on all spending limit accounts. The charge will be imposed on the account only and not on each line.

Just got my bill with a $4.99 fee and the notice....
    Really? though thats why I payed the $150 deposit..... Now I get charged every month just cause I had to make a deposit?! This is bs...
    This was announced early/mid December here and on half the Internet (ok, not really, but on a bunch of sites).

They chose to charge this because you have a limit of how much you can spend, and for whatever reason, they want to charge you even more, which limits you even more.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Another solution, sign up for autopay and Sprint waives the fee. Fyi, they will take the money out of your account on the day the bill is due NOT the bill date.
    It's not the first time they've done this, either. Way back when I first signed up with Sprint (had T-Mobile before they were T-Mobile.....forget what the name was, but that long ago) Sprint had a plan with no more than $125 for a deposit, depending on your credit and their decision. Bought the phone on sale, went home, signed up, didn't have to pay a deposit. The catch was I had a spending limit of, I think $75 a month, or something like that. Was before data plans, you paid a silly amount per text unless you paid for the monthly plan, all of that. My actual bill, though, was $35. Just meant that if I made more calls than $75 would cover, my service was shut down until I paid.

If you don't want this fee, set up automatic payments, this way, your bill is paid automatically each month through your bank or credit card. Sprint will waive the fee. Otherwise, at 18 months or later, Sprint will take you off ASL and put you on a regular post-paid contract, and eliminate the fee. You're not going to be paying this for the life of your service.
    Pay your bill on time for 12 months and they will remove the spending limit.
    I just ordered my pre, and sprint sent me an email about that. As solarus said, if you sign up for auto bill pay, you won't have to pay the fee. My email said call sprint to get it set up. I plan on doing that as soon as I get it (estimated arrival: tomorrow!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Pay your bill on time for 12 months and they will remove the spending limit.

18 months. 100 % sure.