Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I use to be able to go to wallpapers send a picture i like to to my email, open the email on the Pre download and view. Now when I do it, and hit download in the email it comes back and says "cannot find an application which can open this file" *** did i delete something? These are jpegs found on this forum that like I said I was able to open before. I did everthing including doctor the phone. Presently I have no hacks tweaks or anything and still cannot download. If someone sends me a pic I can open it but just cannot open the ones I get when I send the email to my phone. Please help! (i've tried several pictures same error)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yea something weird like that happened to me yesterday. I can look at the pictures I was emailed but when I press copy to photos it won't copy them. I've checked in all the albums and no pictures even though I don't get an error message. Have to play with it some more but hopefully 1.4 brings an updated picture functionality with video.
    pre is not supporting jpegs no more , only png ext!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    pre is not supporting jpegs no more , only png ext!
    Wow really? Is this new? That kinda sucks. I used to copy pictures all the time.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    that blows. I'm going to go try and download a png file.
    I guess I may be missing something here. I am at version 1.3.5.1 and seem to have no problems with JPEGs. I emailed myself a JPG file. I clicked on it and it opened up. Gave me a button that said "Copy to Photos". I press this and close the email. Then I bring up my photos and the image is right there under "Downloads".

OK, so what am I missing here?
    Hmm. OK. I see the issue. It is when you are emailing an image to yourself from the forum here. Weird I get the same message but I can download it to my computer and email it and not have an issue.

Looking at the headers of the email I am betting it is an issue with the content type. The one from my computer is coming through as "Content-type: image/jpeg" and the one sent by the forum software is "Content-Type: application/octet-stream;".

I am betting that is the issue but it will take some research.

Edit: OK. Seems that if you scroll down int he email message you will see a thumbnail of the image At least I do. If you click that you should be able to save it. Note that you actually have to click on it and download it before it appears in stream in the email.
    Last edited by bmhanson; 02/08/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    that has fixed it but gosh..another bug...that HTC Hero is looking real good right about now
    Except I am not totally sure in this instance the bug in on the Palm Pre. If the vBulletin scripts were to use the correct content type then the Pre would react correctly. At the very least I would say there is a shared culpability.