1.    #1  
    I don't know how many people saw the KGB Ad (see precentral's main page) but they have one guy text KGB and one guy surf the web for the Japanese translation of "I surrender." Of course the KGB guy wins, but in reality?

In less than 10 seconds I was able to get the answer with these steps:

1. Open the web browser
    2. Go to translate.google.com
    3. Type I surrender, choose English to Japanese and romanization

And it prints:
    私は降伏
    watashi wa gōbuku

There's NO WAY KGB could receive a text, look up the answer and send back a text in that amount of time.
    it would be as pointless and petty as verizon and atts bickering
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    it would be as pointless and petty as verizon and atts bickering
    you got some map in your soup....LOL
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, except the Verizon ads are actually working. A lot of people have actually told me they had no idea AT&T's 3G coverage was so bad and that Verizon's network is all 3G.
    but what will it accomplish kgb isnt a competitor to palm its not worth their money
    That and the reality is that only us uber-Palm geeks are the ones that recognized the phone in the commercial as a Pre. The rest of the world saw a slider and might have noticed the mirror on the back.
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I don't know how many people saw the KGB Ad (see precentral's main page) but they have one guy text KGB and one guy surf the web for the Japanese translation of "I surrender." Of course the KGB guy wins, but in reality?

In less than 10 seconds I was able to get the answer with these steps:

1. Open the web browser
    2. Go to translate.google.com
    3. Type I surrender, choose English to Japanese and romanization

And it prints:
    私は降伏
    watashi wa gōbuku

There's NO WAY KGB could receive a text, look up the answer and send back a text in that amount of time.
    A way with less clicks/taps is to just type in "translate i surrender to japanese" in the universal search. Done. =]
    Follow Me On

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    A way with less clicks/taps is to just type in "translate i surrender to japanese" in the universal search. Done. =]
    Yeah, but that way doesn't give you the transliteration/romanization. So unless you can read japanese characters, it doesn't get you there quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Yeah, but that way doesn't give you the transliteration/romanization. So unless you can read japanese characters, it doesn't get you there quicker.
    True, I didn't even notice the lack of Romanji. I guess my face might soon be under a sumo wrestler if I go my route. =P
    Follow Me On

KGB is stupid. CHA-CHA (242242) should do an add because their service is free. but than it wouldn't be free cuz of all the add $ to recoup
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    That ad during the superbowl last night was stupid. Who needs to use this dumb service (that costs you .99) when you can just google it with your smartphone. Why would any smartphone user need this?

I cant wait till they fail, crappy *** service.
    They should have used the KGB app.

[/sarcasm]
    Follow me on teh Twitterz