1.    #1  
    I hacked my phone and put on Sprint Nav

although it says now that my "account has expired"

anyone else have this problem ?

what do I do? just remove it and re-install it ?

help!
  2.    #2  
    no one eh?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You shouldn't have it since you're not on Sprint.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    You shouldn't have it since you're not on Sprint.
    and you're the internet police ?

it is there for the taking and so i took it. I am just wondering about the "retired account" stuff -- has anyone came across this ?

do i just re-install ?
    might as well give it a try although ethically its debatable if we should be helping you
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    might as well give it a try although ethically its debatable if we should be helping you
    Again, i could care less about you on your moral high horse.

Seriously, who give a flying ***k if I have a sprint app and I'm on bell?

they make hundreds of millions of dollars. The app itself is free.

what the hell do you even care ?
    ok let me ask you a question since you decided to make this thread one flame after another where do you draw the line when it comes to stealing because you're doing nothing less
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Again, i could care less about you on your moral high horse.

Seriously, who give a flying ***k if I have a sprint app and I'm on bell?

they make hundreds of millions of dollars. The app itself is free.

what the hell do you even care ?
    And we could care less it no longer works for you.

The app is far from free its bundled with our service plan so we as sprint users pay for it.

I think its funny it say account expired and I hope we start seeing a lot more of these posts popping up.
    Maybe it doesn't work because you're on Bell?
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Please. You are telling me is ethical for Palm to let homebrewers develop free apps that you use, instead of charging for them, like all major corporations do? You obviously have no idea what open source concept is. You are not making me any favours by helping me, in fact is the other way around. Without the homebrew devs you would have nothing but your "precious" Sprint app.

Funkadelick, what app version you have installed? I run 1.3.5 and I get the same message. Upgrading to 1.3.5.1 should fix the error message, IMO.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I just want to say WOW oh WOW!!!! You got something for free and now it's expired. I had an app that was free for 2 weeks and then it said I had to pay $4.99 for it.

That is an APP that Sprint allows for their customers. If you had it for a while for free, good for you. Now it is expired. Consider it a free trial.
    theres a difference between open sourced homebrewing and taking a service thats payed for and trying to use it for free
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    And we could care less it no longer works for you.

The app is far from free its bundled with our service plan so we as sprint users pay for it.

I think its funny it say account expired and I hope we start seeing a lot more of these posts popping up.
    I wonder how would you feel if many of the homebrew apps developed by canadian devs that you currently use will pop a message telling you to move to Canada so you can continue it? Without guys like Jason, you would not even have a clue how to use your Pre.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    theres a difference between open sourced homebrewing and taking a service thats payed for and trying to use it for free
    Oh ya? How is that different? Because I let you use the apps for free?
    I will not continue to answer anymore, it is a pure waste of time.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    this isnt a canada vs united states argument this is whether or not its ethical to steal a service a company offers its customers
    Well, I just wish Bell WOULD offer any sort of navigation options on the Bell Pre's,, currently there's nothing available, paid or free

Same goes for the $$ games offered to Sprint/Verizon.. currently not available in Canada.. and sounds like Europe is going to get them before we do
    and thats a disappointment that canada hasnt recieved the great apps and that bell isnt providing navigation but thats not an excuse to steal a sprint service