Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    They should provide you with a Pre that has all accesories, that includes the headset and pouch. Call Palm imediatelly and request to have sent to you a proper unit with all accesories.
    What does Palm have to do with it? This is an insurance replacement and was sent by Assurion. they state very clearly they may replace it with a refurb. Refurbs do not have to have all the original accessories.

Now that I am thinking about it though, the times we have had to get a replacement through Assurion we always got a power cord so the OP should not have a problem from that perspective.

If he does want the other stuff his best bet is, as I said, go to a sprint store (corporate specifically) ans ask them if they have any accessories. Who knows though. He may actually get a new in box phone with all the accessories so it won't matter. It has been known to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    What does Palm have to do with it? This is an insurance replacement and was sent by Assurion. they state very clearly they may replace it with a refurb. Refurbs do not have to have all the original accessories.

Now that I am thinking about it though, the times we have had to get a replacement through Assurion we always got a power cord so the OP should not have a problem from that perspective.

If he does want the other stuff his best bet is, as I said, go to a sprint store (corporate specifically) ans ask them if they have any accessories. Who knows though. He may actually get a new in box phone with all the accessories so it won't matter. It has been known to happen.
    I believe its replaced by sprint. I think assurion replacements usually involve a dollar amount being paid first. Sprint covers all the wear and tear stuff.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    wife got a pre as a replacement. Came with charger, usb cable, and phone. No headphones or baggie like I did when bout new.
    I believe its replaced by sprint. I think assurion replacements usually involve a dollar amount being paid first. Sprint covers all the wear and tear stuff.
    Yeah, it is a Sprint warranty replacement. Not Asurion.
  4.    #24  
    I just got my order number and it says the shipping weight is 2.2 lbs. Does that sound NIB or refurb?
    definitely NIB
  6.    #26  
    Nice Nice Nice! How can you be sure?
    the pre alone only weighs 135 grams (4.76 ounces) according to the palm site so add in packing and the accessories and there you go
  8.    #28  
    Nice! Thanks everyone for your help! I'll be getting my Pre tomorrow so i'll respond then with the NIB status and first impressions =)
    its going to be a reconditioned pre, almost have never seen a new one come in for a replacement. the 1 year warranty is from first date the phone got activated not build date. build date seems wrong as a phone can be made first batch and could of been just sitting on the shelf for 6 months, you get it on the 7th month and now you only have 5 months of warranty left? no. its from its first activation.

aside from that the reforb pres are pretty much brand new looking, have new shell and all that on, only the board gets reused as it holds the hardwired esn on it.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthStar019 View Post
    its going to be a reconditioned pre, almost have never seen a new one come in for a replacement. the 1 year warranty is from first date the phone got activated not build date. build date seems wrong as a phone can be made first batch and could of been just sitting on the shelf for 6 months, you get it on the 7th month and now you only have 5 months of warranty left? no. its from its first activation.

aside from that the reforb pres are pretty much brand new looking, have new shell and all that on, only the board gets reused as it holds the hardwired esn on it.
    hm... well let's hope anyway that it's a NIB Pre and I'll let everyone know shortly. The package was just departed from the UPS station in my city about a half hour ago.
    That is my point. It would either be Assurion or Sprint needing to provide ane needed accessories, not Palm
    Last edited by bmhanson; 02/09/2010 at 10:41 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12