Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First of all I searched last night here and other Palm Forums with nothing that I could find.

I have this blank app that appears to be downloading or paused (it has the 2 vertical blue lines in the list) but I can't get rid of it. It won't let any updates happen to my other apps nor will it let me download any other apps.

I know it is something that I did and I don't know how to fix it.

It is not listed in the area where I remove apps (LIST APPS from the launcher) but it is only in MY APPS folder under the APPS CATALOG.

Help me please! And I'm technologically challenged so a step by step (1- step 1; 2 - step 2; etc) will be helpful.

TIA
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I had the same issue but I fixed it yesterday (thanks to doctorzeph). Here's how I did it:

1. Used Internalz to find and remove the installhistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ folder.

2. Restarted my phone.

3. That's it...done!

(I moved the .db file to my pc just in case...)
    Last edited by econdor; 02/08/2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by econdor View Post
    I had the same issue but I fixed it yesterday (thanks to doctorzeph). 1. Used Internalz to find and remove the installhistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ folder.
    I'm a technologically handicapped person where is this and how do I do it? Please help me....I'm a dumb chick when it comes to this! LOL
  4.    #4  
    bumping up for help!
    Did you try App Catalog -> Button in the right down corner -> Menu (left upper corner) -> Pause All Downloads. And then the same but "Delete Paused Downloads" ?
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I did that and the blank app still is there. I"ve done a battery pull and rebooting a few times too.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    do you use preware?
    And if you tap on this app in My Apps and then the Menu (left top) there is a delete app. Did you try that?
  9.    #9  
    It's not in the MY APPS list from the LAUNCHER. I only have it from the apps catalog little 'bag' icon in the lower right corner.
    Sorry thats what I ment. Tap on the 'bag' and then the menu.
  11.    #11  
    I don't have a 'delete' app only 'delete paused downloads' and I've done that and it doesn't take it away.

The only delete app is in my apps from the launcher.
  12.    #12  
    OH and when I actually click on the blank app I get the yellow triangle with ! in it and the statement:

The action could not be completed. Try again later.
    Sorry maybe its my bad english. Go to App Catalog. Then the "bag". Then tap on this App.
    Then do the menu. There should be a "Delete Application" entry
  14.    #14  
    There is no such thing on my phone because "when I actually click on the blank app I get the yellow triangle with ! in it and the statement:

The action could not be completed. Try again later."
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    if you don't have preware already installed, can u connect to a pc via usb so you can access the internal files?
    Thats bad, then you should go with something like econdor is saying. But this would be a bit more challenging. I use ssh for that kind.
  17.    #17  
    econdor, yes I can do that (at home but not here at work). So once I conect as USB what do I do?
    your turn econdor ;-) I have to sleep now.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    open the launcher page that has the blank app. Hold the orange shift key, and tap the app. You should get a prompt to delete the app!
  20.    #20  
    Spikea4, I just tried that and still get the statement "The action could not be completed. Try again later." with the yellow triangle and an !
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast