Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I'm too chicken to do Preware. OS Doctor would freak me out.
    Thats why I asked if you used Quick install. Its simple and I feel less intrusive.
  2.    #42  
    I'm too chicken to do that either.

So when I do this reset will I need like my palm password and stuff cuz I don't remember it. I don't even remember how to access my plam profile.
    yikes.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Yes, I believe you will. It's been a while since I've done a part. erase!
  5.    #45  
    Ok I have my profile e-mail and password. I went into it and there is nothing there. Should I do a backup before I do this partial erase?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It shouldn't affect your USB info. Just apps and data settings. If it woould make you feel better...then yes!
    Cowgirl, would it put you at ease enough to try to use preware and quick install if someone walked you through each step, and you knew, without a doubt that the worst thing to happend is going without a phone for 45mins? I mean the aboslute worst thing that could happen is not being able to get txt or calls for less than one hour..... Then would you attempt homebrew? I guess I could do it for u via showmypc, but thats never a good idea with strangers over the interwebs...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8.    #48  
    mrloserpunk, I did a partial reset and that seems to have fixed it. It appears I lost all my info in my MILEAGE MONITOR but that was just for fun.

I would love to have someone walk me step by step though Preware and Quick Install at some point. I would love to be able to do more with my phone than I currently do. Then I should show my husband things (he has a Pre +) at some point.

Right now I'm happy that I can now get my APPS to update and download more. LOL!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Happy it worked. mrloserpunk is right. You would love Quick install and preware. When you are ready, start slow. Start with Quick install. It's like any program you would have on your PC. Plug the Pre in click a box on/off. Simple! Then, you will be looking for more!
  10.    #50  
    I will shout out to you or mrpunkloser when I am ready to move on. I may wait until we have 1.4 done before I venture out to that area though.
    no problem. PM me when your ready!
    I have the same issues as desribed above. Has anyone figured out what is going on and what to do? When I open up the App Catalog and tap the lower right little bag in a dark circle, my apps appear in a list. At the top of the list is a blank app with a blank square with no Icon. On the right is a " (two vertical lines) that indicates a download is available. But updates will not start, nor am I able to download any new apps that I select. It looks like if I get rid of this blank app, the problem should be solved. But how do I get rid of it? And I don't understand the following suggestion given far above:

1. Used Internalz to find and remove the installhistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ folder.

Where are these files and folders? On the Pre?
    I had same issue, a blank non installed app with the pause button showing, clicking on the blank app would give "the action could not be completed" error. Clicking on pause did not pause it. Other applications would not download and would not resume. I fixed the issue using the instructions in the 2nd post. I just move the file to the var folder.. there is probably a better place to save it but if you have the exact same issue you will need to get access to the folder structure to fix it... Internalz did it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by billseifert View Post
    I have the same issues as desribed above. Has anyone figured out what is going on and what to do? When I open up the App Catalog and tap the lower right little bag in a dark circle, my apps appear in a list. At the top of the list is a blank app with a blank square with no Icon. On the right is a " (two vertical lines) that indicates a download is available. But updates will not start, nor am I able to download any new apps that I select. It looks like if I get rid of this blank app, the problem should be solved. But how do I get rid of it? And I don't understand the following suggestion given far above:

1. Used Internalz to find and remove the installhistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ folder.

Where are these files and folders? On the Pre?
    I too am having the same issue, and now nothing will download or update. How do I get Internalz? I don't see it on the list of apps available for download? Thanks!

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by sseiple View Post
    I too am having the same issue, and now nothing will download or update. How do I get Internalz? I don't see it on the list of apps available for download? Thanks!

Steve
    Internalz is homebrew. The link below provides information:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2397755
    Thank Beverly! However, now I am having a problem with Internalz. I figured out how to download this homebrew app. The Internalz app icon appears on my phone, but when I try to run it I get an error message stating the ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running. Any ideas about what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by sseiple View Post
    Thank Beverly! However, now I am having a problem with Internalz. I figured out how to download this homebrew app. The Internalz app icon appears on my phone, but when I try to run it I get an error message stating the ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running. Any ideas about what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Steve
    Did you also install file manager service? The link I provided above notes that file manager service is also required and it provides a link to it.
    That's the step I missed. Thank you again!

Steve
    Just a quick note to say that my brand-new Pixi with webOS 1.4.1 had the same problem - blank app blocking all downloads - and that the delete-installHistory.db fix worked like a champ. Of course,I had to re-download the handful of apps I had installed before it locked up, but that was a very small problem.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm having the same exact problem. There's gotta be a better way to fix this than installing homebrew software. Palm is such a disaster, 99% of Pre and Pixi owners have no clue how to fix this problem.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast