Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    does the app appear on the phone launcher page?
  2.    #22  
    No it is not on the launcher page, it is not my LIST APPS either.

Just in the 'bag' from the APPS CATALOG.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    really! Umm..do you use WebOS Quick installer?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    lol somline. cowgirl - i'm gonna have to defer to someone a little more tech-educated since i am far from it...i can't figure out how to get to that folder through usb (i used "Internalz" which allows direct access from the device), but there should def be a way being that the suggestion i used to fix mine said thru usb connection

my suggestion would be to maybe post this in either the "canuck software" thread under webos developer forums or in the webos development forum and let one of the 'pros' guide you...again, the problems you're having are the same as i had, and all i did was delete 1 file installhistory.db from 1 folder /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ and restarted.

if i may suggest...when it gets remedied, i would make preware and internalz my 1st 2 downloads...they will open up a whole new world of the pre
    cowgirl, do you use preware?
  6.    #26  
    Spikea4, No.

econdor, thanks for trying to help

mrloserpunk, no
    What is the name of the app and when did you download it?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    internalz is the easy way. You can use winscp to ssh into the pre, that's how I do all my editing. But by far installing and using preware is the way to go. I'd install preware using webos quick instal. Then install internalz app and service. Then use internalz to delete said folder. You won't be able to navigate it via usb.
    is it a paid app? Try downloading a free app i had something similar happen when trying to download "brain challenge". fixed by downloading a free app.
  10.    #30  
    There is no name on the app. No I never pay for apps I'm a cheapskate thus all the apps I have or tried to download are free ones.

The line in the 'bag' in the apps catalog shows a square with nothing in it (unlike the other apps where it has the pictur). the line for the app name and version is blank. Then there are the two verticle blue lines like it is PAUSED.

My apps freeze in download or automatically go to pause when I try to download any other apps.

I have no clue how to do preware or any of that other stuff.

How do I do a hard reset? I guess that is what I am going to have to do.
    a partial reset may fix your issue. Type device info from the launcher. Select reset options. Start with partial, the move to full erase.

preware is very easy to setup and the benefits are huge!, exspecially when you don't want to spend $$ on apps. Virtual boy is a great game platform with alot of roms free!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    if you're going to do that try a partial erase first. Device info, bottom of screen reset options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    if you're going to do that try a partial erase first. Device info, bottom of screen reset options.
    someone owes me a coke...
  14.    #34  
    Told I am a techno-dummy...I can't find the DEVICE INFO from the laucher.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    lol
  16.    #36  
    I found it. Before I do this is there a way to get all the apps back that I have without having to redownload them?
    go to the third page look around should be their
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I found it. Before I do this is there a way to get all the apps back that I have without having to redownload them?
    honestly, I have never done one. I used webos doctor and it always comes back with my profile....
  19.    #39  
    I'm too chicken to do Preware. OS Doctor would freak me out.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Yes, when you sign back into your profile, it will redownload your apps. Lets hope not the blank one!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast