Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I heard Palm is going to release a new update (ver 1.4) in Feb 2010.

    Is that true?
  2. #2  
    Yes, that's what Palm said. Just search the forum for 1.4 for more info.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
  3. #3  
    Yeah....that's the story. But, I'd thought it was supposed to have been released by now... And, it looks as if Flash really isn't going to be released with it...just a plug-in for it?? *** does that mean? How freakin' hard is it to get Flash on the Pre?? For cryin' out loud, every other smartphone has some version of it....whether it's 3.1 Lite or whatever...
    As much as I love my Pre, I'm actually starting to look at other devices because I'm getting sick of always having to wait, wait, wait... Lol.. sorry...needed to rant!
  4. #4  
    Wow, really? I did not know that Apple released support for Flash on the iPhone! That is great news.

    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    ...How freakin' hard is it to get Flash on the Pre?? For cryin' out loud, every other smartphone has some version of it....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    Yeah....that's the story. But, I'd thought it was supposed to have been released by now... And, it looks as if Flash really isn't going to be released with it...just a plug-in for it?? *** does that mean? How freakin' hard is it to get Flash on the Pre?? For cryin' out loud, every other smartphone has some version of it....whether it's 3.1 Lite or whatever...
    As much as I love my Pre, I'm actually starting to look at other devices because I'm getting sick of always having to wait, wait, wait... Lol.. sorry...needed to rant!
    you apparently know of some secret generation of smartphone with flash because the only one right now is the hero and it has flash lite not even flash so heres some advice quit talking out of your ***
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you apparently know of some secret generation of smartphone with flash because the only one right now is the hero and it has flash lite not even flash so heres some advice quit talking out of your ***
    google nexus one has flash :P

    but still i understand what he is saying, we all want it now!
  7. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #7  
    Flash isn't available to every *ugly word* smartphone, really.
    I must admit, though, I have mixed feelings about the fact Flash is going to be a plugin, not integrated in webOS.
    It is good to have a choice of not to have it in terms of possible security issues.
    It is bad because, most likely, there really isn't a choice for me to get it due to - at present, anyway - non-existing App Catalog.
    You see, Palm doesn't qualify me an acceptable customer because I am not using "official" carriers' services.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    google nexus one has flash :P

    but still i understand what he is saying, we all want it now!
    Nexus One hasn't flash out now. They demoed Flash 10.1 (Closed beta) on Nexus One, but also on Palm Pre. (google it !)

    All current versions of Flash on Cell-Phones are the light Version (only usable for video as i know).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Nexus One hasn't flash out now. They demoed Flash 10.1 (Closed beta) on Nexus One, but also on Palm Pre. (google it !)

    All current versions of Flash on Cell-Phones are the light Version
    This is correct.
  10.    #10  
    So there is no real point in waiting for the update to release this month as there will be no flash support.
  11. #11  
    no it means it wont come with flash the flash will be a downloadable plugin
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    So there is no real point in waiting for the update to release this month as there will be no flash support.
    Nope. No flash support. Ever. For you.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13. #13  
    the only phone with tru full non light flash is the n900. But you can't get hardware acceleration yet. The n810 runs full flash 9
    http://maemo.nokia.com/features/maemo-browser/

    actual release of flash is up to adobe, the current version of webOS 1.3.5.x has the backend support for flash. Wether that will be tweaked in 1.4 is unknown. But we are really waiting for adobe, not palm AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/08/2010 at 12:26 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    So there is no real point in waiting for the update to release this month as there will be no flash support.
    No... we will have the full version of Flash 10 on our devices within the next few months - most likely within a few weeks. It's only the 8th February, there's still 20 days left for them to make good on their promise.

    If Adobe need to push back their release date then I would much rather they spent a few weeks fixing the bugs instead of releasing it in a rush.

    I am fully expecting Palm & Adobe to deliver though. Just wait til the end of February before you start complaining
  15.    #15  
    Did Palm officially announce that 1.4 update will have Flash support or was it just a rumour?
  16. #16  
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Palm+1.4+Flash

    Crazy what info can be found on the interwebs eh?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  17. #18  
    do those answer your question
  18. #19  
    anyone know if 1.4 will have a video recorder? j/k
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    anyone know if 1.4 will have a video recorder? j/k
    no it will actually take away all camera functions whatsoever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions