Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This is really annoying... my Pre (when on touchstone) keeps playing the system sound "battery charging" noise. could it just be a bad connection? anyone else have this problem? it's gotten so bad that I usually take my phone off of the charger in the middle of the night and finish charging it while i'm getting ready for work in the morning.

Is there any way to even turn this sound off? I think it's starting to annoy the dog, too
    i have the same problem if its not on in the right spot. I just move it around until its good.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The "Disable Charging Alert Sound" patch works great for this.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    It's ringing because you haven't placed it in the right spot. The ringing let's you know you need to fix it.
    I had this problem when I was using a generic micro usb charger that wasn't powerful enough. When I used the Palm charger it stopped dinging.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I had this problem when I was using a generic micro usb charger that wasn't powerful enough. When I used the Palm charger it stopped dinging.
    yeah, mine only dings on the touchstone... I'll start shifting the position around and hopefully i can find one that works. Any tips?
    how many posts about this do we have now?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm testing right now to see if this is software or hardware related. Here is the post I started this morning.

There are a few other posts about the same problem. So I'm seeing if I can narrow it down.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xperiment.html
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    how many posts about this do we have now?
    that's my fault... i searched this morning in the Pre forum, but should have been searching the accessory forum
    This happened on my old touchstone...swapped it out, no longer happening.

I suggest you try that.
    OK :-) here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post1996150 was my solution to the problem.
    It could also be a bad USB cable. Try swapping it out for another and see if the problem persists.
    Same thing happens to me but its with the standard charger that came with the pre. My phone will set on my bed overnight charging, once i wake up in the morning i dismiss the alarm nd let it set on the charger for a bit longer. then comes the constant dinging nd it never wants to stop until i unplug it. Its woken me up in the middle of the night before damn thing
    This just started happening to me with th4 release of webOS 1.4 every night since my phone dings withing a couple minutes of 1:15 AM while plugged into the standard wall charger. I've turned off systems sounds and it still happens, don;t want to completely silence the phone over night because sometimes an I need it to wake me up.