Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I hope you can help me on this...

I got a German O2 Pre.
    I live in Italy, and I'm using my WIND business SIM-card in it.
    Please note that I don't have data traffic enabled on the SIM... non yet at least, my company should activate it before the end of the month.
    But for now, no 3G-UMTS traffic form me.

My Pre used to work just fine anyway: I used the wi-fi connection at work and at home and I was happy enough.

Now, I've run WebOS doctor to try to start with a fresh 1.3.5.2 version of the O2, multilingual OS, and now I'm stuck!

The phone flashing went well but now, at the first boot of the Pre, I'm asked a language (which I chose), a location (ok) and to SIGN-IN in my Palm profile using my email and password! problem is I currently have no data coverage for the aforementioned reason, and I couldn't find any way to turn wi-fi on or to skip this step to sign in later!

What can I do?!
    I'm stuck at the Sing-In screen and I've really no clue what to do now...

Please help!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    tomi666, it's you again!

Thanks for the link, I'll study it right now.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm nearly there... (pant, pant!)

Just a question, in the page you linked, step 10, it says:
    "Rename the file that you download to webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.1.jar ... etc etc"

Is the name I give to the file relevant? And if so, considering that I'm going to flash again my Pre with a 1.3.5.2 "modded" firmware, what's the name I should use?

Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Uhmm...

I've done everything detailed on metadoctor page, patched the jar and then flashed the Pre again... but nothing changed! I'm still being asked to log in to my Palm profile.

In fact, it looks exactly the same as before!

What may have gone wrong? During the meta-doctor patching procedure under Ubuntu I got no warning or error messages... everything seemed just fine.
    Does anyone know the checksum of the patched 1.3.5.2 webos doctor? So at least I could compare it to mine...

I'm really worried.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Ah-ehm...

I completely missed this part:
    The updated doctor version has the same name as the original, but is in a new folder: meta-doctor/build/...
    So I actually used the same unpatched file...
    (I slap myself for my stupidity)

Now I'm trying the proper one, I'll let you know if it works.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Ok, just for the record... after my fourth, unsuccessful attempt, I've discovered that this quote from the MetaDoctor wiki page

If you don't want to do all the things that the meta-doctor supports, then look at the top of the Makefile, and comment out the options you don't want.
    is very misleading (I'd say wrong) because all the options in the Makefile are actually disabled by default, and you have to manually edit the file to activate the ones you need.
    Someone should correct the Wiki page...

Now I'm flashing again, I really hope this is the one.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Here's the situation:

I've managed to doctor the Pre with a 1.3.5.2 meta-doctor install modified to skip the activation (log-in) phase.
    It worked, so I'm back "in the phone".

But for some reason, I'm not able to log in into my Palm Profile anymore.

My app catalog gives me the dreaded "ation could not be completed" error (worked fine previously), the backup utility says "no internet connection" even if I'm on wifi and browsing works fine.
    In my calendar I can't see my palm profile events anymore... while google and facebook ones are still there.

I went to the internet palm profile page and noticed that the IMEI code associated with my profile is different from the IMEI code shown in the Pre "device info" app.
    What could have caused this?
    Is there any way to chande the IMEI code in my Palm Profile or on the phone?

Or maybe the problem is elsewhere?

Please share your thoughts.
    Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've noticed that I'm not able to boot my pre in "USB mode" anymore.

If I shut down completely the phone and plug the USB cable in while holding the volume up button, the phone immediately powers on and the Palm logo appears on the screen, as during a normal power up procedure.

No more USB logo, no matter how hard I try.

Does anyone know what may have caused this?