1.    #1  
    Hello all, new Pre user here I have come from a HTC Hero, the only thing I am missing is Co-Pilot. The US Pre versions on Sprint and Verizon both get Turn by Turn GPS software, are we stuffed on the GSM version in the UK (and other places) ?

Also is there a ssh app that anyone knows of so I can ssh into servers?

Thanks!
    Good to have you onboard! It seems we're stuffed until paid apps come when someone might release a rather expensive (i'd assume) turn by turn software.
    No idea about an ssh app but have a look on the forums and preware
    Maybe you should look into whether you can hack/port Ovi-Maps from Nokia maemo devices to the Pre (perhaps creating some hack to make it work before the PDK comes out). Not sure if this is even possible, but the map downloads are apparently free and such a hack/solution would work without having to talk to any carrier's servers (once you have your needed maps on your device).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Maybe you should look into whether you can hack/port Ovi-Maps from Nokia maemo devices to the Pre (perhaps creating some hack to make it work before the PDK comes out). Not sure if this is even possible, but the map downloads are apparently free and such a hack/solution would work without having to talk to any carrier's servers (once you have your needed maps on your device).
    i've only seen one or two ppl from the GSM lot that know how to tinkle with the OS............

so we're kinda stuffed

the yanky lot have it for their countries, but we dont and wont, and there are no plans.

Only hope is that google maps will update their software for the Pre, however they seem more interested in their own android stuff
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I vaguely remembered someone had installed some of the Sprint apps on a GSM phone which included the Sprint Navigation program (TeleNav).

[HOW TO] Get Sprint firmware/apps on Bell Pre
  6.    #6  
    Is it going to have UK/EU roads tho?
    Sprint Navigation doesn't work in UK unfortunately.
  8.    #8  
    boo! I just have to hope someone like co-pilot come to our rescue.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    boo! I just have to hope someone like co-pilot come to our rescue.
    i believe somebody emailed them, they said "computer says nooooo)*.

*reference to little britain
    wouldn't it (Sprint Nav) just tell you you are on the wrong side of the road?
    Proceed 5,134 miles to your route and route guidance will start. Now turn left.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    wouldn't it (Sprint Nav) just tell you you are on the wrong side of the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Proceed 5,134 miles to your route and route guidance will start. Now turn left.

If it were only that smart! (I suspect it would say "You are now off-track!")
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!