Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ive searched around and if it's possible, no one has done it yet. I know it's just a cosmetic thing but I miss having that feature from my previous two phones (HTC Mogul and HTC Touch Pro) so if it's not even technically possible then that fine, but if it is, it'd really be neat if someone could get it working. Just to clarify, by sliding sounds I mean having a sound file play when opening and closing the keyboard, not when sliding between cards.. which now that I think about, that would be pretty cool too lol.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Eww an image of a sidekick came into my head.
    I'd like this too It would have to be a classy/non-offensive noise, but it would be very cool. Any developers want to take this one on?
    My old Helio Ocean had the sliding sounds you're talking about. With WebOS, anything is possible...
    Surely its possible but I definitely wouldn't enable them, I slide open my Pre countless numbers of times a day, this would send me over the edge!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    Surely its possible but I definitely wouldn't enable them, I slide open my Pre countless numbers of times a day, this would send me over the edge!
    c'mon. that would be sweet with a startrek communicator sound. fo rill
    A lightsaber turning on sound would be very cool as well.
    What kind of sound? Like the sliding doors on the Enterprise in Star Trek?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I'll love to see a patch for this like when you open a door or have the option to choice your own sound!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Every single sound mentioned just happens to be some of the sounds I had on my old Touch Pro. I also had things like "Achmed the Terrorist" say "Silence" and "I kill you" for the open/close sound. I will be more than happy to zip up my collection and upload them if this feature happens to get added in the future.
    How'bout the CLICK-CLICK sound of a pump action shotgun being loaded??
    I would imagine it would be possible since the pre recognizes when you do open and close the keyboard (turns on when you slide it open, has the ability to hang up when you close it). Guess the problem just becomes finding that file and modifying it.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I shouldn't admit all this, but....

I'd love to have Kirk's old Star Trek Communicator sound play, when opening the keyboard. (...like when he flipped open the cover of the communicator)

I have the Star Trek "chirp", followed by the computer saying: "Incoming Transmission" for the incoming text message alert, as well as, Data saying: "Capt,. we are being hailed.", as my default incoming call ring tone. ;-) I laugh every time the phone rings! (...and wish I could say: "Answer the call, Data", or, "on screen", actually, I can when I'm using the Blueant Q1 voice headset.) But, voice activation would be very cool, and great for the car. ...as would speech to text, for sending quick text messages, and having incoming texts read aloud while driving.) but, I digress, sorry....

...although, the pump-shotgun sound would be fun, too!

or, how about the HAL9000 saying; "Hello Dave" , from 2001, (I had "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that", as the error sound on an old PC - always got a laugh.

...and speaking of Pre sounds... I really like the "swoosh" sound the Pre makes when tossing away cards, ....just wish it could be a little bit louder. :-/
    I like this idea, it seems pretty cool
    If I did this the wifey would probably divorce me. lol
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Well seems there is some interest in this being done so does anyone know anybody that has done any coding on the Pre that they can talk to and see if we can actually make this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    What kind of sound? Like the sliding doors on the Enterprise in Star Trek?
    Maybe something from the fart apps. If nothing else, it'd cut down on folks messing with your phone...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I was thinking any of those: the door opening and closing, or the old school communicator or the new next gen communicator lapel thing too
    at least an app for the sound please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    c'mon. that would be sweet with a startrek communicator sound. fo rill
    AWESOME.... would be a cool sound!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast