1.    #1  
    I just bought a Palm Pre and have a few questions. First off, is it recommended to use a screen protector on my pre and if so, is there a secret to getting it on without alot of bubbles in it? Second, is there a proper way to uninstall downloaded apps or do you just delete them? And lastly I see homebrew apps out there and they are full of "use at your own risk" warnings around them. Is it safe to use them and what risks are involved and what are the chances I would see these problems associated with them. I see some themes I would like to try and cant seem to find any on the official sprint catalog.I would really appreciate any ideas or recommendations anyone has to offer. The phone is new and I dont want to do anything to damage it. Im sure that will wear off as time goes by. Thanks...............Michael
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hey starsfan im glad to hear you got a pre haha. So the screen cover is not a necessity but it is nice to have and i know that to get rid of bubles is to use a credit card or any other plastic piece with a straight edge and push firmly as your applying the cover.
    All you have to do is delete the app by pressing the orange button and the app at the same time.( remember if its paid..... you wont have to buy it again).
    Homebrew apps are made in the public and you can download apps patches and themes but they are not in the official app catalogue. If you want to get going with homebrew apps go to this link and follow the instructions( http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes )
    Homebrew is not unsafe as long as you know what your doing .... make sure to uninstall patches ( downloadable in preware (homebrew app store) which allow you to customize your pre) BEFORE any official palm updates to the firmware.
    good luck with your pre and if you have any questions just PM me
    hope i helped
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    also when you download quick install (youll know what it is after reading whats on the link) download preware for any downloading of homebrew apps/themes/patches directly on your phone
    Actually, you no longer have to uninstall patches for OTA updates. The implementation of AUPT means that patches will no longer break. You do still have to uninstall your theme, though. omamamiA is right; homebrew apps are not dangerous, and neither are most patches, although there is always a chance that two patches could conflict with each other. I have been running multiple patches for months with no issues. The few dangerous ones are marked as dangerous. As there is no way to truly brick a Pre, the worst that will happen is that you will have to do a partial reset and visit the Doctor to clean up the OS.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for that haha now i dont have to remove my 35+ patches for nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by omamamiA View Post
    Thanks for that haha now i dont have to remove my 35+ patches for nothing
    Only if you updated them with Preware or WOSQI in the last week. Otherwise I would recommend running EPR and reinstalling all of them with either tool. Search for AUPT on here, as well, as the thread has a great explanation of it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well if you just got your phone your going to have to break that battery in so to save you.some headaches,just buy the Touchstone kit and it"s a lot easier keeping your Pre charged.You don"t have to mess with the USB door a lot and maybe keep from breaking it off (I already broke mine).Bought a Zagg screen protector for my Pre and got it at Best Buy and for $5 more, had them put it on. I just recently put Patches and a Theme on mine and have not had any issues at all. Good luck with your phone and enjoy it.