1.    #1  
    So I'm playing around with the Pre SDK Emulator. If I mark an email unread in my Gmail inbox, my Nexus One vibrates/lights up etc after about 30-45 seconds with a new email notification.

On the same email, I waited on the Pre with the Email application open to see how long it would take to refresh there. After about 5 minutes, I gave up and hit refresh manually.

How does email work on the Pre? It's obviously not push, but I also don't see anywhere to change the refresh polling time. Maybe there is but I'm not seeing it?

(My brother purchased a Pre Plus last week for the Verizon opening, and me being in IT, I'm his tech resource Somewhat difficult though since he lives 3000 miles away hehe.)
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes it does every smartphone does in fact
    What?...

I think you didn't read the post? And misread the title too?...
    Have you went into preferences and accounts and changed your get email setting to as items arrive. Have you turned on your show icon for new email?

Gmail can be setup to get email as items arrive, they also have an exchange setup.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you went into preferences and accounts and changed your time to as items arrive. Have you turned on your show notification for new email?

Gmail can be setup to get email as items arrive, they also have an exchange setup.
    Aha, my bad. I didn't realize you could CLICK the account. Thanks
    You are welcome