1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have a Pre, and I am able to open 60+cards, yup you heard me right, 60+cards!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Which apps? That makes a big difference.
    20 reg apps (no PDK apps). It really slows down to a crawl though. About 10-12 if I include a PDK app.
  4. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Which apps? That makes a big difference.
    About 40 Web browsers and 20 others.

The fact that it can open 60+ cards is amazing.
    them web browser dont even count. when you open a certain amount the old ones turn grey and are dumped out of memory except for a snapshot.
    most i got which basic apps was about 23

i got up to 15 apps with need for speed, brothers in arms, and assasins creed open, then it crashed after being frozen for like 5 min...
  7. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    them web browser dont even count. when you open a certain amount the old ones turn grey and are dumped out of memory except for a snapshot.
    I actually checked em and they were looking fine, Don't know what you talking about.

The Pre is amazing !
    mine can hold 52 cards on my sprint pre
    on and runs very smoothly too
    oh and runs very smoothly too
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I actually checked em and they were looking fine, Don't know what you talking about.

The Pre is amazing !
    dont lie

So youre telling me you are on 40 REAL webpages (not the 1st browser screen showing bookmarks) and you can visit all 40 of them back and forth without them being greyed out and auto refreshing themselves?? your full of ****.

post a video if you want to save any of the credibility you just threw out the window
    I did 20 programs once if anyone really cares.
    I have a Sprint Pre and rarely get past a half dozen reg apps (calendar, phone, messaging, email) without getting the (dreaded and very sorrry) "Sorry, too many cards open" error. Sometimes it happens with only a few or even NO cards open. I am desperate for a solution.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Can I be honest, sometimes I get the too many cards error when trying to open a second card. I have some patches, some software, but all of them installed via preware, so I consider myself a mild hacker. Great, that you can open dozens of cards after a fresh restart, but that's not the real user scenario. Very disappointing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    Can I be honest...
    By all means, please ALWAYS be honest...no need to ask for permission to be truthful.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I have never really counted how many cards that I have had open. I can say that I am able to open as many cards that I need open which is fine for me. Sometimes companies create these crazy numbers ( i.e Sony) to buy their products. I am just concerned with what suits me in real situations. Just my .02 cents.
    open different apps, usually 25-30. One 3D game would bring down the number to 12-13.

there is a thread we discussed this already.
    My machine can run 15 apps before I get the error, as long as they are not PDK applications or something that plays music. For some reason Pandora and slacker destroy my machine's speed and memory while they are playing music.